Update: File Re-Host

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Dec 28, 2011.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

jca312, The Dude, carolinaeasy, BigSmooth33, bdub, County5, Loaf31, tbishop82, Goose

Hey guys,

Just like last time, I re-did the file and sent out invites a few moments ago. I'm rolling with UCLA at the moment in an attempt to save my recruiting efforts with Arizona this past week. With the Wildcats presently a CPU team, my hope is that all recruiting won't be lost. I'll sim my game and switch back to Arizona following the advance. Feel free to do something similar.

Ego

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  2. bdub

bdub Walk On

I won't have my ps3 until Sunday. Somebody want to help me out?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  3. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

So, if we come in with a different team, the scores from the week and the recruiting will stand as it was before the re-host?

4. egofailure

No, not the scores. But the hope is that the recruiting will stand, or at the very least, the CPU will recruit for us.

5. jca312

jca312 Walk On

PM me your login info and I can try to handle your stuff, but it's very hit or miss.

6. The Dude

Well, it looks like my choices are:
    1. Accept invite under another school's banner, suffer a sim, but possibly keep my recruiting time in place, or ...
    2. Accept under my coach, lose my time, but not suffer a sim at ranked and rival Pitt.
    Think I gotta go with option 2. Sucks, though. My week 4 visit had me in the lead for a 4-star bonus guy, and I have to soft committ and then sign him before Goose's week 7 visit, or I'll lose him. Looks like I'm going to lose him if my time for this week isn't going to count, but a simmed loss will likely kick me from any serious bowls, meaning my sixth star would be in jeopardy ... and I really want that sixth star.
    The star's bigger than the recruit, I guess, so I gotta accept as me and get that win.
    Now, what do we do if guys still can't accept invites? Looks like at least two of us have that issue.

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Why couldnt we accept as our team, play, then quit and rejoin after the advance?

8. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

Im in as Miami(OH)

9. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

I'm in as UGA. A little confused, but that's right isn't it?

10. The Dude

I did the same. I guess a re-host sometimes scraps your recruiting time for the week, which is why some guys are jumping in as other teams. I got my time, though, even though I added as ND again.

11. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Wish this would have screwed up in time to prevent me getting ass raped in the sim against Auburn. Serves me right for spending time with the family I guess though.

12. jca312

jca312 Walk On

You only need to join as another team if you recruited and/or played your game before the file got jacked up. Sounds like Archie got his time anyway, so maybe it'll work for others. If you never did anything before the rehost, you can just join as your team and everything should be fine.

13. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Sorry, I couldn't help but laugh at this post Smooth

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. egofailure

I find it even funnier considering that, in the Crop, you would have simmed Smooth's entire season and been into the next year by the time he returned from vacation.

(Inside joke: David, I caught up with Funk the other day. Imagine if Smooth was still using Kik by New Year's, too? You'd be laying the smack-down, baby!)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  15. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

He knows how we roll though. He's well versed on us.

Truth be told with us (and surprisingly with our pace), there are few instances in which I have to SIM a members game.

One way baby...one way

16. The Dude

I think we've all been bit at one point or another. I took a sim loss last year when I was available to play, just to be a good dude and all. Lost a bunch of recruits the season before, and lost my last off-season due to a knuckle-headed team change (that one's on me, though). Still, comparisons between players and their losses probably won't get us far - just didn't want you to feel like you were the only guy in the rowboat, if you know what I mean.

A loss to #3 on the road shouldn't hurt too much in the grand scheme of things. I think this might still be the year Michigan plays for it all. You just got some guys to knock over along the way.