Update: Please Read

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I have posted more Roster Management Info

Free Agency is going to open tomorrow. Use the MLM console to submit your bids. If you need help please let me know. I'm not going to take all this space up explaining contracts - theres good information out there about these things so please use it.

VERY IMPORTANT: EVERY ROSTER MANAGEMENT TASK SHOULD BE COMPLETED FROM WITHIN MYLEAGUEMANGER. DO NOT USE THE CONSOLE TO ADD/DROP PLAYERS.

Cuts/Drops
    For cutting and dropping players, please refer to this as a guide for what your cap hit will be. Thanks Frisk.

Remember, trading is open. I'm going to continue to be the sole approver of trades - at least for now.

How should we handle trades that I'm involved in?

Very Important: ANY AND ALL ROSTER MOVES MUST BE POSTED IN YOUR ROSTER MANAGEMENT THREADS.
    That means trades, cuts, FA signings... everything. When we draft players, they will be posted there as well. At the end of the season I should literally be able to go back and track every single roster move you've made. If you have questions, please ask. If you cannot follow these rules YOU WILL BE KICKED.

The most important part of the roster management threads is going to be keeping track of your CAP HITS. MyLeagueManager does not keep track of cap hits so we will do this manually. My suggestion to all of you is to keep all of your cap hits in ONE POST.

Straight from the roster management info thread....
    We'll still look to open the season WEDNESDAY AT 5pm EST once Free Agency has slowed down a bit. What that means is, bidding closes on Wednesday at 5pm EST. So after that point you may still sign free agents but there is no bid period, you just pay their contract demands or don't.

Please, please, please if you have questions ask.

Good luck in FA ladies.[/quote]

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

A committee should approve them.

Does signing bonus = guaranteed money? It seems to correlate in your CJ Spiller example. When you say we have to keep track of cap hits, what exactly do you mean? Is that only if we drop a player?

3. fuzzyl0gic

I answered one of my own questions:

Now I just need to know fully what you mean by 'keeping track of cap hits'.

4. Keller

Keeping track of cap hits:

If you cut a player - of course you must post this in your Roster Management thread. What you should also do, to make your life easier, is keep a separate post in your roster management thread that lists every Cap Penalty/Hit you've accrued.

5. fuzzyl0gic

Alright, easy enough. I accidentally placed a bid in FA, don't kill me. (y)

6. Keller

Its irritating to me that you did but technically it does not matter.

I suppose anyone can start submitting bids - it doesn't really matter when you submit bids on players so long as you do submit a bid if you so choose. Players are awarded at the very end of Free Agency so whether it opens today or tomorrow is irrelevant.

UPDATE:
    FREE AGENCY IS OPEN

7. fuzzyl0gic

Nice.

8. fuzzyl0gic

Keller

If we cut a player with no bonus, is there no cap hit?

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sorry but the whole cut players, salary cap hit is confusing me just a bit. I get the gist of it but how is he getting the numbers such as $14,380,000 (6,000,000 guaranteed)

EDIT: Nvm, I figured it out..

10. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

cap hit is yearly bonus added together for each yr remaining on the contract. when giving out signing bonus it spread out over the length of the contract(i.e. you give a guy 5 yrs and add a 10million SB thats 2 million per season added to his yearly price). if you decided to cut him you have to pay what bonus he has left up front.. In his example by cutting him 2 seasons early he has to pay for both this yrs sb and next yrs SB which is 3 mill each totaling 6 million..

11. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

exactly jimmy the key thing is the bonus and length of contract really but it gets more interesting when u trade players lol

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

the 14 million number is when you add is yearly with his SB for the 2 years remaining.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

So if I cut a guys contract who has yet to start with no signing bonus...what happens? Just take the cap hit and pay him no money?

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

if he doesn't have a yearly bonus you don't get a cap hit...

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

so I could cut him for free?

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I believe all cap hits will reflect the next seasons salary cap. Keeler can tell me if i am wrong, but thats why the cowboys are restructuring deals, because they have dead money from cutting RW and MBIII..
    Keller

17. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

yep if they have no roster bonus..

18. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

or yearly bonus for MLM

19. fuzzyl0gic

This is what I was wondering, I assume so. Keller can confirm tomorrow.

20. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Keller

Whats the password on the console?

21. fuzzyl0gic

I think it's 'tradition' as well.

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

It let me join with 1234

23. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Name: TMFL

24. Keller

I hadn't thought about that - I assumed it would be accelerated to the current year or whatever year you were cutting the player in.

Emmdotfrisk - clarification?

25. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

BBJ is correct, You don't actually see a cap hit penalty til the following season. Think of it this way...

Spiller has 15 million dollar bonus guaranteed over 5 years (3 million a year). Say you cut him mid year 3, you have already payed him 3 mil for year 1, 3 mil for year 2 and 3 mil for year 3 (as the season has already started). That leaves penalties for next season and the final year on his contract. So you are already seeing a penalty as you payed him his bonus for playing half of the season.

Does that make sense?