Update

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Sep 9, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Update

As you know, we now have two new league members to put us back up to 12.

Also, we will be advancing in to Bowl Week tomorrow night. If the games are in, I will try to advance it in the early evening at around 6pm eastern. Otherwise, I will advance it tomorrow night late.

There's no way we are going to get to the offseason Saturday night, so it looks like Sunday is the night. I apologize that doesn't work real well for everyone, but only about half of you voted in the poll in the first place.

I seriously want to see better participation. Down the stretch, there have been quite a few user games that have not gotten played when they were supposed to be played. I know everyone is busy, but when you know you are going to play someone several days ahead of time... start planning with them early. Make it happen.

Please don't put me in a position where I have to get on to you about this individually. I don't feel like I should have to do that since we are all adults here.

2. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

im working 4-12 (midnight) est on sunday.. if we could do it monday instead itd b really helpful seein how whoever had nc state cant recruit for shit

3. SodaAddict

I had a poll on the issue that was up for about a week and Sunday had the most votes. Even though it was only 5, that was the one with the most votes.

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

i cant do monday unless we go after 11pm or 12pm eastern

5. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Sunday will be good for me

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

The problem is that I think some guys are losing interest because we just aren't in any sort of routine.

As for offseason, Id hate to do it during the Sunday or Monday night NFL game, so why not redo the poll, but do an advance every 24 HRS until the day we are going to do the offseason. It keeps us from waiting around until then..

7. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

this. I think because this season got so jumbled with new users (me) and the last vouple of games dragging on, some users became apathetic, to a small extent.

Once the routine is set, and the new season starts, we should be back and ready. Soda, you are doing a damn fine job, btw.

8. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

sunday would work for me but can we do a bit earlier? Like a couple of others here, I'm old and have to be up very early.

9. sreese

sreese Walk On

i wont even be here sunday. So.... Maybe i should step down? I mean i cant get with the guy to play the sec championship and now im gonna miss the off season altogether. My job is kinda at slow time but things just dont seem to be working out for me. I let you know if i bow out, but as of now im going to try and stay the course.

10. AJ Hart MN

Don't put all of the blame on the SEC championship on you man. I've had a busy week and I really haven't given you a huge window to get this game in. This is just as much on me as it is on you. I usually don't have an issue finding time for user games but this week just kicked me in the ass. You have done an amazing job with Auburn and it would suck to lose another guy that has been here since the inception of the league.

11. Bulldog

Sunday morning before the games is best

12. PAgamer07

Ive got to work Sunday unfortunately..

13. Bulldog

working on Sunday? Jesus your job must BLOW lol

14. PAgamer07

Actually no. Im the GM of a hotel, so... Unfortunately we never close. I also am a nice guy and give my assistant manager one weekend a month off. This happens to be her weekend off.

15. Bulldog

well since you put it that way it looks like you got it made lol

16. SodaAddict

I'm not quite sure why we all decided to have this conversation on this thread instead of the one talking specifically about the offseason happening on Sunday... but whatever haha.

Anyway, Reese, I'm sorry that things have been kind of rough, but certainly don't bow out! Maybe you could get another guy to sit in for you on the offseason stuff Sunday Night.

For what it's worth, I would love to do it Sunday before the NFL games start, but the likelihood of all of us getting our games in Saturday isn't particularly great and I can't wait until the last minute and be like, "OK! We're doing this now." For whatever reason, people have had a difficult time getting their games in the last couple of weeks.

That's created this lack of routine that you are feeling and I am aware of it. So, my best way of combating that is to get all of us back to doing something in this league as quickly as possible instead of just 2-4 guys like it has been the last few game weeks. That means I need you guys who have Conference championship games to figure out what you are going to do in the next couple of hours or your fate is going to rest on the Sim gods and I don't want to do that to any of you, but especially Florida.

I WILL advance us in to bowl week late tonight when I get back home, no matter what. So, here are your options:

mboda: I sent you a message telling you to go ahead and play your conference championship game because bosox had already stated that he was not likely to be available until this weekend unless something drastic happened, then you got on here and started a dialogue with him about playing as late as Saturday when I already had the advancing date on this forum set as Friday.

You might be, but I want to make sure that you are keeping up to date with all of the happenings in this league, so mboda, please respond to this thread so that I am aware that you have acknowledged this.

I still have bosox set to auto-pilot, so you can still play your game if you can't make it happen by tonight. Bosox wasn't able to make his game last week and has been unavailable all week, so you have the right to play it. Otherwise, I will sim it at some point tonight.

SReese/AJH, I know you guys are trying hard to make it work and I know you are both active on this site and online. It sucks when schedules conflict. But, I still have to advance tonight. Either agree with each other to have it simmed, or agree to have one of you on auto-pilot so the other can play it out if you can't make it happen by late tonight.

17. AJ Hart MN

I think were playing it at 10cst tonight.. at least that's what I think. I'm going to make sure i'm online. If I lose, it's gonna be because he beat me, not because of a SIM. Well.. or the CPU can beat me seeing Texas beat me by 42 earlier today.. WTF!!

18. mboda

mboda Walk On

me n bosox played our game earlier today so we good to go

19. SodaAddict

Thank you.