Update

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Jul 2, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Just figured I would let everyone know whats going on. I should be getting back my Xbox on Tuesday. I also just finished moving and I'm not 100% sure how Internet will be at the new place. I should have a decent connection, but I will know more once I get everything setup.

I haven't even played the demo yet. What are some early impressions people have from the demo?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cutch 22

Cutch 22 Let's gooooooo

Seems pretty similar to last year with better graphics and more tackling animations.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I think it plays faster and smoother. There are some new animations, but definatlely think its a move in the right direction. Biggest adjustment is going to be the playcall screen as you scroll up and down vs left to right. After looking through the rosters on teambuilder, the ratings look to be more spread out with less high rated players. Probbaly less then 15 total 90+ at each position. If the recruits come in lower and spread out as well, it should make it difficult to build such a one sided user team and create a more diverse opportunity for BCS title contenders.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I was looking at rosters on Team Builder site, hopefully whoever does OSU rosters will remove Pryor and put in Taylor Graham. I'm not a huge fan of Graham but at least he would be eligible to play on my team if anything happens to Bauserman/Miller/Guiton.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah I like the demo. I think it's going to be more of a mental game in user v. user games vs the traditional throw deep, throw slants, etc. I think you'll need to be balanced and be able to establish a running game to be successful. Just my opinion.

6. Cutch 22

Cutch 22 Let's gooooooo

Honestly, I am just ready to start up again with NCAA. Really looking forward to this game dropping in a couple weeks.

7. Hokie Effect

Only a week away. Are we still going to put together a CC league? I know Jman said he would lead this up. I figure we will have atleast a week after launch while we wait for rosters, but we may need to figure out who is in, what teams, bowl tie ins ect....

And not to leave out any T3 talk, word out in Vegas is that Va Tech is opening at a 5/1 odds of winning the BCS Championship (y)

Get familiar.....
    [​IMG]

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I joined up with Twist's new dynasty and won't have time for a 4th dynasty, so I can't do a CC league at this time. I'm going to have a tough enough time keeping up with Legacy and T3.

Ohio State is 15/1 to win, after Pryor leaving the program and suspensions to key players for first 5 weeks. Posey is only player I'm going to really miss for those opening games, rest of the guys have decent backups.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well now it looks like I won't be getting my Xbox back till the 11th, UPS is cutting this very close... fuckers

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Got my Xbox back today... but UPS damaged the console on delivery. I should be able to use my roommate's Xbox for the time being, but still pissed off at UPS. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly.

11. BDSDIGITAL

wow talk about a kick in the ass.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah pretty much. I have a claim in with UPS. Waiting to hear back. Not sure why it took a week to ship anyways, then they damage the console.

Plus the UPS driver must be a ninja or just hurled it from his truck while it was still moving. One of my roommates or I were home all day long, yet they still left it out in the open on the doorstep.

13. Cutch 22

Cutch 22 Let's gooooooo

That's what happens when they have a busted package to deliver. Typically its busted by someone else in the company, but they have to drop it off. So they duck and run...

14. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

A buddy of mine worked at UPS loading trucks at a shipping center, and the stories he told me about how they just chucked boxes around, dropped fragile packages on purpose, etc., made me realize that I never ship anything UPS if I can use Fed-ex or the post office.

Sorry to hear about that though brave, that really sucks.

15. BDSDIGITAL

It's true. I loaded trucks myself many years ago during the holiday season for extra money. Not only were packages just tossed around, but the trucks weren't packed for shit, so you'd see heavy boxes on top of small boxes, and a bunch of room where you know going down the highway things were going to fall around and shift inside the truck. The other thing that happened frequently was at the end of the night when things were slowing down, if there wasn't room in a truck designated for Cleveland / Detroit for instance instead of doing the proper thing and bringing in another truck, we would just thrown those packages into whatever truck was available regardless of destination. That was actually something the shift manager told us to do....

Yeah pretty bad. But then again if you go by percentages the vast majority of packages any of these carriers ship shows up on time and in good condition. If you go strictly by percentages.

16. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

HA! You petty loaders. I was a driver before I left to drive where I do now. Let me tell you. The only thing I never threw/kicked, were the Dell Computers.

A. They said Dell on the box so we could see what it was and I kinda felt bad.
    B. That shit was not light. keep in mind this was they heyday of PC's. Kicking a big ass PC didnt serve me well.

Brave, not that it matters, but he all he has to do is set in "out of weather, out of sight" on your doorstep and can ring the bell if he feels like it. The board they use, tells him what he can do. It will tell him weather or not he needs a sig or if he can just driver release it. Driver releasing is a driver's best friend.

But anywho, fuck them for fucking your shit up and delaying you accepting my friends request.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

LOL, sorry about that 1ke

Good news - I am using my friend's Xbox so I can finally play the game (0-1 on All-American against CPU)

Bad news - I can't figure out how to get Internet to my Xbox in its current location. Trying to use laptop as bridge but having problems getting it to work. There is no way to run a cable from router to Box.

18. BDSDIGITAL

that is bad news................ :confused:

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Got my Internet working but if EA's servers stay like this, I'll be trading the game in by August. I did a single player test online dynasty. It was more than 20 minutes on upload from preseason before I quit.

Twister18 - sorry I ducked out of party, was sick of waiting on dynasty and wandered off

20. BDSDIGITAL

perry said something to me last night about having to wait forever to load his online dynasty. Something about full servers or something.

21. Cutch 22

Cutch 22 Let's gooooooo

I think the server stuff is just opening week troubles. Hopefully they optimize the servers in the next couple days and things are good to go.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah it said I was 89th in line to complete dynasty upload. I walked away for 20 minutes and was 34. By that point I turned off my Xbox.

23. Hokie Effect

Lets hope its just the first week rush and it will be back to "normal" by the time we start. Question on schedules, are we going to have a rhyme or reason for our OOC user games? Maybe a ACC/SEC challenge of some sort. Or just call people out. I would like to face some of the new members prefferably.

Either way just giving you a heads up I will be out of town 2 straight long weekends (4 days) staring next week. I will make a formal vacation thread and add that to it.

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Im starting to get very worried. All this server shit is just a way to let EA off the hook. I hope Im wrong in my pessimism. I just dont trust them.