Updates and a Question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ociu, Jul 14, 2010.

1. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Updates and a Question

Hey guys. Hope you all are enjoying the game so far. It looks like the rosters are going to take longer than expected to translate to the 360 on Luv's side, so I think we're going to look elsewhere for the time being. If I can find a decent set of rosters tonight, I'll send out invites tonight and we'll start tomorrow.

With regards to the advance system (I know MSU had a question about this), we're operating on a 72 hour soft advance, which means that all recruiting and CPU games should be done within 72 hours of advance. If this isn't going to be the case, let me know as soon as possible and we'll find a decent workaround. See the Description thread for more detail. We will be advancing through weekdays and weekends, but will go by ear with regards to holidays or weeks with a numerous amount of user games.

We'll be working on a decent set of sliders as time goes on. It might be a little rough the first week as they'll be user v user games in every case, but we'll work with them as we go along to find a set that is fair for both user and CPU games. I would note that even though the CPU offense could be improved, I think that the default sliders on All-American are pretty solid for the most part. JMO.

One of the issues I've been thinking about is the "Conservative tempo" issue. We're allowing Aggressive tempo on that, and I wish we could find a work-around allowing ball control offenses to function efficiently while still getting a decent amount of plays in. Any ideas?

One thing to ask of you guys:

I don't think I have all the gamertags in one place, so if the next time that you guys are on, you could send me a friend request at creamncrimson89, I'd appreciate it. I've got a ton to get done for this to get us running tomorrow, and it'd make the job a little easier.

Thanks, guys, and I'm pumped to get this started.

2. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

K OCIU expect a Friend request for xxtrix r4bb1txx real soon

3. sreese

sreese Walk On

oc i may have a roster set but it maybe bs. ill hit you on xbox in a few.

4. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

you'll be receiving a request from prewett53 soon

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Why not increase the quarter length?

6. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

That's what I was thinking... I want all different offenses and if somebody wants to run the conservative then we should accommodate to it.

7. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

I'm thinking increasing the QL to 8 would help, but then guys playing with aggressive tempo would be playing (relatively) a ton more plays than the guys with conservative. I guess that's the way things really work, so I'm cool with it, but are 8 minute quarters too long for you guys? I've noticed that the clock runs off a few extra ticks every time you set up for a play unless you're running no-huddle already, so we could be talking about a considerable difference here.

8. cuaacards

cuaacards Walk On

the community roster set over at operationsports should b out today. i vote for 6 min qts so scores dont get too high

9. cuaacards

cuaacards Walk On

So the first game was 64-62 in OT...... I know it went in to OT but thats is waayyyyyyyy too high scoring.

10. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

it was actually 3 OTs

11. cuaacards

cuaacards Walk On

wow classic game to start off the season. That still means the score was in the 40's for both teams at the end of regulation and still very high scoring

12. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

yes but we are both high scoring offenses with No defenses

Oh game summary is up on easports on our dynasty wire

13. simsportsgamer

simsportsgamer Banned

Am I not in as the Hilltoppers??

14. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Did you get an Invite?, yesterday wasnt a good day to miss

15. cuaacards

cuaacards Walk On

High scoring is Troy's 33 ppg last year. Ohio averaged 25 and ranked 75th in the nation. If this is an isolated incident than no problem but kinda a worrying start when both teams put up 60, and 700 yards for Troy!

16. cuaacards

cuaacards Walk On

Well Temple vs Florida Atlantic ended up with a very reasonable score so maybe this was just an outlier

17. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Yes and one of the reason for such a high score was all the turnovers maybe 10 in all thats just not right

18. cuaacards

cuaacards Walk On

yea saw Boo Jackson through 5 himself alone in the win... crazy

19. sreese

sreese Walk On

simsportsgamer we tried to find you yesterday. oc sent you an invite, unless you have yet to register your gamertag with the ea password on the back of your book. If thats the case he couldnt send you an invite.

20. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

We'll be messing with the sliders throughout the season. That's a ridiculous score, but sounds like it was a hell of a game.

21. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

Sure, it was a high scoring game. But if you take out the three overtimes it is a 42-42 game. That really isn't THAT farfetched. Sure, it is on the high end, but neither one of us have great defensive teams and, as someone pointed out, there were a rediculous amount of turnovers.

I think it is something to watch, but I don't think it is going to be much of a problem IMO.