updates from EA

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThePlague0208, Jul 19, 2012.

1. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

holy who freakin cares on those updates. outside of zone fixes, which really just seem like some tuning (and I imagine not big deals).... what about freakin freezes! server disconnects! instability city! the entire recruiting system compromised! geez so painful this company.

• Like Like x 1
  3. vatechhokie01

odds on Madden being an ENORMOUS letdown, nothing working, and all the awesomeness foretold about being basically gimmicky unusability?

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I'll take you up on this bet

• Like Like x 1
  5. vatechhokie01

this is encouraging. I am on your team! I'm praying they come through! Nice!
    (under my breath: you better not be sandbagging me you s.o.b.)

6. vatechhokie01

P.S. I was venting. Loving this game. Just don't tell the NCAA EA team!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

They frequent this page. It's ok to bash, just accompany solutions and ideas with your gripes and complaints

8. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Madden is so much less of a headache...trust me....EA needs to straighten up the NCAA side

• Like Like x 2
  9. vatechhokie01

Well I'm not sure it s in fact ok to bash so forgive (it is more in jest among friends and the reason I keep it here instead of go to main forums, etc. We are in fact having a blast!).

But to respond: my biggest complaint is their (EA's NCAA team) lack of acknowledging complaints.

In short (I hope), their lack of communication is egregious and their communication when it does come is even worse. Grouped together, the NCAA team comes off as horrendously condescending and arrogant in the face of consumers that have to continually deal with seriously broken games (I'm talking stability, freezing, files, uploads, etc... not gameplay. Gameplay is fine). Just gets extremely old and doesn't help when they create a system like game changers but then the game changers themselves seem to not be communicated with (like are they going to fix recruiting? its broken. are the freezes fixable? it sucks. is the server ever gonna be stable? its painful. why does no one know the answer to these things?)

I guess the summary is that you want to root for them. Heck, the game is pretty darn awesome from a gameplay concept point of view. You want to be "with" them and help. But their lack of humility and concern (s'what it comes off as) is mind-bogglingly painful.

In any other business, the "patch update" they just sent out would get a man fired. They didn't address (I'm not saying fix... I'm saying acknowledge) half the crap that I for one know the game changers themselves handed in. What gives? Horrid horrid PR management.

Solution: communicate with and care about your customers, especially when you give them a frustratingly broken games (again, I'm talking systemically broken... not gameplay).

P.S. I will say this and this is not bashing: if Madden comes out as good as advertised, props to the Madden team and props to EA. That would be a huge encouragement. I am certainly rooting for them and it would result in all of our celebration of what was accomplished! Ironically, this success in itself would also, in my eyes, make something that has been assumed for awhile now plainly obvious: the NCAA development team needs a total overhaul cuz they aren't hacking it.

10. vatechhokie01

I'll add: I don't mean to be overly simplistic. And I pray I'm not working from a delusional naivety, meaning I understand that creating this thing has a million pieces: budgets, limitations, innovations, risk/reward, marketing requirements, EA management, etc. But again, for me this is about 2 things:

1) communication (explained above)
    2) I have played (sadly, lol) a LOT of video games in my day. A LOT. All kinds. Shooters, sports games, adventure games, heck... I may or may not have had a run at WOW once upon a time for which the jackasses in this league like to make fun of me mercilessly for. But here's the reality that sort of invalidates any excuses (using the "million moving pieces") the defenders of the current state of the game might offer: I have never in all my years played such a problem-ridden game. It's unbelievable that they ship it. Which unfortunately returns me to #1.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  11. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Glitch of all glitches...

Playing League game all of my core starters have been injured!!! Now this is where is gets interesting. Arkansas St. is running no huddle and their QB gets hurt or goes to WR and the HB comes takes over at QB under center;He ran option plays, completed passes and then when the QB came back in the game the HB threw a pass to the QB from under center LOL!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. vatechhokie01

^this is kind of awesome, lol

13. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I'm going to see if its their playbook if so i'm pissed Ark St was in my last 3 playbooks and if i looked over this I'm pissed. Check your inbox.

14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

one thing is clear....why havent we been bringing up Heaths level 12 warlock sword lately? lets get that trending again.

• Like Like x 5
  15. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Goose

Goose Walk On

Did you steal this picture from above the mantle in Heaths parents' house?

• Like Like x 3