Updating League Rules/Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I think it's about time to update all the rules and im thinking of making the sliders alot more difficult next season. So what i need from everyone is to go over the rules and if there is something we need to discuss/add/change let's do it here. My goal is to have a very clear and detailed set of rules.

I am going to type changes out to the side in red. I have already made a few that i think are necessary.

Pagamer07
    Kapono
    bucsfan047
    sonn
    stiff bon air
    RyanC
    Ken Welsch
    ochooker
    Gho5t9
    jandy
    GMONEY 15

Here are our current rules:

Basic Facts:
    • 8 min quarters on Heisman difficulty
    • Player speed threshold setting= 0

Formations:
    • Only QB’s may play QB unless all of your QBs are hurt in that case you need to notify the commissioner
    • FB: Speed must be 90 or below (See required weight chart)
    • TE: no WRs may play TE
    • Controlling Players: You cannot pick plays and let the computer run them. You must control your QB throws and RB/RS movement at all times.
    • Audibles: When calling an audible, you must allow the defense to adjust and be set for at least one second before snapping the ball.
    • Pass commit IS permitted anytime in a game. Be responsible, and do not abuse.

Offense:
    • Going on 4th Down: I encourage straight play in this league, however, I do not want to limit players to the point where they cannot play aggressively. With that in mind, here is the rule on 4th downs:
    A. Whenever you are inside the opponent's 40 yard line, you are permitted to go for it on 4th down.
    B. If you are behind by two touchdowns or more in the second half, you can go for it whenever you like.
    C. If you are the losing team in the 4th quarter, you can go for it whenever you like.

• Playclock Rule: We're all here to play football. Keep in mind we play 7 minute quarters; not 15 like the NCAA. So please choose your plays as quickly as possible on offense and make every effort to do so before the play clock gets close to running out. I do realize, however, that certain situations in the game may require some extra time when choosing a play. You may run the game clock with under 2:30 remaining in the 4th quarter. Or if your trying to prevent another possession before the half.

The No-Huddle Offense:
    No-Huddle is banned. Only exception is before the 2nd half ends and you're trying to score and if you are down in the 4th quarter.

Playcalling, Mixing It Up, Play Action: Owners are expected to mix up plays on both offense AND defense. If your team falls behind early in the game, it's understandable if you become a one-dimensional offense with your passing game. As long as the game is close, we expect all box scores to reflect a concerted effort at reasonable play calling.
    Also, keep in mind it is unrealistic to call a PA Pass when it is 3rd down and more than 10. You may call a designed PA play and audible your RB to block or go into a pattern to stop the Playaction. Overuse of this or any other plays/patterns will be frowned upon.

QB Scrambling: Unrealistic QB scrambling/sprinting is frowned upon on pass plays, including screens. Constantly dancing from sideline to sideline, running straight backwards, deep dropbacks, constantly throwing off your back foot while dropping back, or well behind the line of scrimmage without being under pressure is not realistic. This does not include option plays, designed QB runs or broken/pressured play situations. If you are going to scramble w/the QB when no one is open, try to stay inside your tackles or close. Especially if you dont have pressure off the edge, or have a clean pocket.

QB Pitches/Option: This is a simple rule, the pitch MUST be out of the QB's hand BEFORE contact with a defender. If it ends up coming out late by accident, or a little lag in play, the User must immediatley dive straight to the ground and/or run straight out of bounds.

No Tailbacks/Halfbacks playing the fullback position in ANY scenerio of a I-Form, or Goaline package. It is allowed to have "dual" halfbacks in a split shotgun formation. If the User runs a true fleXbox One offense, then a tailback is permitted to play the fullback (B-Back) position.

Running Up the Score: Good sportsmanship is a major part of TSO, so running up the score on user opponenets will not be tolerated. Please use good judgment when leading by a large margin versus a User. If you are blowing out the CPU by 21 points or more in the 4th quarter, it is mandatory to put the entire second string in the game. There is a cap of 70 points versus the CPU. Unless its a close game vs the CPU, I will not tolerate any more scoring than that.

Defense:
    • Mix up play calling, blitzing and shifting is obviously permitted, but be realistic about it.

Special Teams:
    • Fake Punts and FG’s: Any fake punt or field goal must follow the same rule used when going for it on fourth down. If you are allowed to go for it on 4th down in that situation, you can also fake the punt or field goal. Faking a FG or punt is part of the game and provides "the element of surprise," but please be realistic. These are utilized in NCAA but on a limited basis, so please keep that in mind.
    • Onside Kicks: Onside kicks are permitted at kick-off to start either half or by the losing team in the 4th quarter only.

Weekly Gameplay:
    Pausing: NCAA allows a limited number of pauses during the game, so please keep that in mind. If it's ever necessary to pause the game, please provide a quick explanation to your opponent if you are not utilizing your headset at that time. Pausing the game to show poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated. Please do not start a game if you know something will interfere with your playing time.

Supersimming: You are expected to play your own games. Supersimming the last 3-4 minutes of a game that is decided is occasionally exceptable for extenuating circumstances. The commish should be notified immediately if this is the case. How much you simmed, the score before the sim, the final score and the reason for simming is all required information. If the results seem suspect, expect to have the game tossed and the game simmed from the start.

Disconnects: Games will disconnect from time to time for various reasons. When a disconnect occurs upon restarting both Users need to be re-spotted those points. If a User is leading by 24 points or more at any point past halftime when a disconnect occurs, The game should be SIM'ed in the leading users favor. If there are any odd situations that occur, pause the game and contact the commish if the Commish is not available, contact the co-commish(bucsfan047), if neither one of then are available send a PM to the commish. TSO expects all owners to have a reliable, high-speed ISP. If you are having any type of Internet trouble, please do not start the game until the problem is resolved.

Player must leave game in progress - Please do not start a game if there's a chance you will not be able to finish it. In the case of an emergency situation where you are forced to leave the game, an agreement should be made between both players as to whether the game will be replayed from the start or simulated in the opposing teams favor. If you cant come to an agreement, contact the Commish.

With R3AL M3N OF G3NIUS we are on a “fast as we can go” schedule, missing games will be necessary at times. We simply asks that you make every effort to schedule and play your own games, but when that's not possible, we request the following:
    -- Notify your opponent via TSO message boards as early in the week as possible.
    -- Notify the commish that your opponent will need to play the CPU or that your CPU game will need to be simmed.
    * Failure to follow these guidelines will result in a sim loss to your team.

Advance Schedule
    - For CPU games you have 24-48 Hours
    - For User games you have 48 Hours. Plan Ahead for upcoming User games!!

There will be NO restarts on your user vs. cpu games. Any restart = automatic simulation of your game unless you have proof of a freeze or something(video only no pictures). The 2nd time.. = a simulation loss. The 3rd restart, your gone. There is no shame in losing to the CPU.. our difficulty and sliders will be targeted towards realistic challenge levels based on the caliber team the CPU is controlling… ex: CPU Ohio St will be tough… CPU Duke probably won’t…

Game Plan Rules:
    -Big Hits
    • Can only be set to aggressive when opposing User is inside your 10-yard line. You can manually "Big Hit" or "Hit Stick" at your own discretion. Conservative can be used at your own discretion.
    -Strip Ball
    • Can only be set to aggressive when opposing User is inside your 10-yard line or you are down 17-points or more AFTER halftime. Conservative can be used at your own discretion.
    -Zone Coverage
    • At Users Discretion
    -Defensive Line
    • To be left at either default "Balanced" or "Conservative"
    -Pass Defense
    • To be left at default "Balanced"
    -Option
    • To be left at default "Balanced"
    -Get Open
    -Hold Blocks
    -Impact Blocks
    -Catching
    -Big Run
    All (5) of these features above are only allowed to be set to either default "Balanced" or "Conservative"
    -Tempo
    • To be used only late in the 4th when up by more than 21
    Strategy Feautres:
    -Pass Commit
    • Be used appropriately in moderation. ie: Passing downs, 2-minute drills, protect a halftime/game-ending hailmary...etc
    -Run Committ
    • Not allowed
    Recruiting:
    Team Roster Maximum is 70 players
    1.) If you have 68 men or more on your roster, you still receive the +2 additional scholarships towards your 70 man count
    2.) If you are 67 or below on your roster, you receive no extra scholarships. You only get to recruit to your 70th man.
    3.) If you go over your recruiting limit you will also lose 1 scholarship for the next season and you will have to remove the last player(s) you signed
    :1stars: Recruits/Signings do not count towards your scholarship allotment
    4.) 4 :5stars: Signing is the Max for a single team in a single recruiting Year unless you have been given special accolades or awards by the commish. If you go over 4 :5stars: you will have to remove the last person signed during the off-season period. You will also lose 1 recruit off of your max the next season.
    5.) Conference championship winners may sign 1 additional :5stars: player. This will be added to the total for the following season.
    6.) National Championship winners may also sign 1 additional :5stars: player. If you win a conference championship and the National Champioship you can only sign 1 additional :5stars: player.

Swaying Players:
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    is > 93 OVR
    is a JR that has won the Heisman
    is a JR and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR
    Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.
    Scholarships

When to sub in backups:
    You should sub in your backups when up by more than 21 points in the 4th quarter. This does not include the defense.

NCAA Infractions:
    After 3 infractions you will be kicked from the league no questions asked. Infractions can range from game restarts against the CPU, to players with cheesy stats, to scoring when up by more than 21 points in the 4th quarter with one of your starters, to scoring on a pass play with your backup QB late in the 4th quarter.

Position BAN
    1.) I am putting an official ban on using the right-most defensive tackle in a 4 down lineman set on defense. After years of evidence, there is clearly an issue with the right guard in terms of blocking. It does not appear that this issue extends to the left side of the line, and does not appear to be as extreme in 3 down lineman sets - hence the specifics of this limitation.
    So again - when in a 4+ down lineman set (4-3, 4-2-5, Nickel, Dime, etc.), please refrain from using the right-most defensive tackle.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I think we could change sway players to only players of 92+ or 93+. Last year we only had 1 player who couldn't be swayed.

The score cap still says 55, when it's really 70.

We need to either enforce the kickers can only kick and punters can only punt or wipe that out.

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

What sliders you have in mind?

4. Bulldog

Im thinking of going Heisman but i dont have any in mind ATM.

5. Bulldog

- 93 it is
    - its 70 now
    - wiped that one out

6. Bulldog

Added: Supersimming: You are expected to play your own games. Supersimming the last 3-4 minutes of a game that is decided is occasionally exceptable for extenuating circumstances. The commish should be notified immediately if this is the case. How much you simmed, the score before the sim, the final score and the reason for simming is all required information. If the results seem suspect, expect to have the game tossed and the game simmed from the start.

7. Bucs

you know Im just thinking outloud, but what if we had some sort of waiver thing in place where say once every 4 years you can have ONE player who is over that rating that you can attempt to sway to return, its not uncommon in real life for top players to return sometimes, but its still rare. ( Barkely, Luck, Lineart, Locker) This will give you the chance to try and if they reject you and still go you lose the waiver anyway.

8. Bulldog

Thats a good idea but instead of every 4 years it could be like a reward system for say activity or winning a game or something along those lines.

9. Bulldog

Added:

Players leaving
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    is > 93 OVR
    is a JR that has won the Heisman
    is a JR and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR
    Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.
    Scholarships

10. Bulldog

Added: - Conference championship winners may sign 1 additional :5stars: player. This will be added to total for the following season.

11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm assuming that includes defensive 2nd team. I almost never do that because the CPU can just run right though my defense and pick apart my secondary. I'm cool with the rule but the CPU scores a lot of points vs. a 2nd string defense.

12. Bucs

true

13. Bulldog

Ya thats one thing i wanted to ask you guys about do you think it should include 2nd string defense or just the offense? I always just sub in my offense because like you said the other team can score pretty easily against your 2nd string D.

14. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

We should stay at AA but tune the sliders to be Heisman. Heisman tends to cheat a bit.

15. Bulldog

i think Heisman is great thats what we used all year last year and i loved the sliders. I found a really good set i just played and won 13-12.

16. Bulldog

Everyone try these out and let me know what you think.

8 minute quarters
    Slow game speed
    0 threshold

USER/CPU
    QBA 0/10
    Pass Blocking 0
    Running back ability 40/90
    WR Catch 45
    Run Blocking 0/5
    Pass Covergae 5
    Pass Rush 0
    INT 25(needs to be lowered IMO)
    Rush defense 0
    Tackle 5

FGP 45
    FGA 30/35
    PPWR 45
    PAC 40
    KOP 50

Offsides 52
    False Start 48
    Holding 50
    Facemask 53
    OPI 100
    DPI 100
    KR/PR I 100
    Clipping 48
    IG 100
    R Pass 52
    R Kicker 52

17. Bucs

are these the SEC Elite Heisman ones from OS? They look familiar, I liked those and used them in my offline but i Increased user QB Accuracy and Tackling for both user and CPU. Want to say I also increased the kicking.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  18. Bulldog

My first game 13-12 win over Florida i thought the sliders played good but i think interception needs to be lowered.

QB: Aaron Murray 14-26, 190 yards, 2 int, 0 TD, 53%, sacked 3 times
    RB: Richard Samuel 28 carries, 181 yards, 6.4avg, 1 TD, 22 long, after 1st hit 65, 3 broken tackles

UGA/UF
    1st downs 20/15
    Total OFF 363/271
    Rushes-Yards-TD 38-173-1/29-89-0
    Comp-ATT-TD 14-26-0/14-27-0
    Pass Yards 190/182
    3rd down conv. 4-11(36%)/3-12(25%)
    Red zone 2-1-0(50%)/3-0-2(66%)
    Turnovers 3/1
    Fumbles 1/0
    INT 2/1
    Total Yards 483/ 364
    T.O.P. 17:03/14:57

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  19. Bulldog

yeah those are SEC Elites i really liked them a few tweaks and i think we have a really good set

20. Bucs

yeah I like them too, with a few tweaks of course.

21. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'll try those. We're not changing them till next season right? I haven't been on today and won't be on much tomorrow, but I'll try them out sometime this week.

22. Bulldog

Yeah next season

23. sonn

sonn Walk On

I usually sub both out at the same time but I don't have that much of drop off between 1st and 2nd string.

24. Bulldog

Ya it just depends on how much depth your team has. Im just gonna make you sub your 2nd string offense in.

25. Bulldog

bucsfan047 or Kapono
    didn't one of you PM me about user DTs confusing the AI or something?