Upon Release...

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by Drama84, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Drama84

Drama84 Walk On

Will we immeadiately begin scheduling games for week one of the preseason? If not what will be the plan for the couple of days after release? Will we be just practicing on our own? Signing up for the league?

I am going to make my head coach as soon as turn the game on. I already made my game face. How do you upload it?

2. Sarvinator

Sarvinator Walk On

A couple of us were talking about this on Live today. Personally I think we should wait until after the holiday weekend to officially get the league rolling. I feel like it could be a scheduling nightmare. Perhaps official kickoff the same weekend as the NFL?

• Like Like x 1
  3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I agree with this, Labor Day is always a busy time for people. It will also give people time to get acclimated to the game and nothing says we cant do some scrimmages amongst each other during the time (y)

4. Drama84

Drama84 Walk On

That is actually great for me. I am going camping so that helps a lot.

Anyone want schedule a scrimmage with me on Tuesday night around 8ish? I would prefer to play someone with a team from the AFC.

I have the cowboys.

5. gerg

gerg Walk On

Ill be camping sept 9th-13th :/

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

It would be nice to at least get the league invites out and get everyone situated.

7. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

There appears to be stuff you have to do before you even play your first game in CCM - Like practice (which is essentially a full game against the CPU). But between Tuesday and the weekend we could at least get one preseason game in right?

8. Drama84

Drama84 Walk On

That's what I thought we were doing but I like the idea of waiting until after the holiday.

9. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Drama84 I can play a game on Tuesday night at that time, just send me a friend request on XBL, I'm the Jets.

As far as the league goes, I think it would be good to create the league and send out invites as soon as it releases, but not necessarily start preseason till after Labor Day. As Rulah said, there is plenty of stuff to do before we even start playing (create coaches, go through rosters, practice, etc.) We can always scrimmage in the mean time. Also, that way it would be easier to set up scrimmages if the league is already made so we have the owners GT's readily available in game.

Just my .02

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  10. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I will have the league setup Labor day weekend, just to get it setup. We can wait until after labor day to do our first advance (maybe the Thursday after) I want people to be playing games with the following:

All-Pro
    10 minutes Qtr
    20 second run-off
    25 threshold
    Game Speed: Slow

11. GDip

GDip Walk On

if it's 10 min. quarters that's gonna be too long for me. a 1 hour game is long enough. how long do the 10 min. qtr games take?

12. RRAHx2

Well I know 15 min quarters with 20 sec clock runoff takes about 50-55 mins.. so I'd think 10 min quarters, it would take about 35-40 mins maybe.

13. Drama84

Drama84 Walk On

This is correct. Btw RRAHx2 I added you as a friend on xbl. Do you want to Pm me your cell or I can give you mine so we can meet up on tuesday for our scrimmage?

14. RRAHx2

15. GDip

GDip Walk On

alright, good to hear

16. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

cant wait... ill be down to scrim anyone.. im the buccs! gt: LB Fitted

17. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Anyone interested in playing a scrimmage game Tuesday night around 8pm central??

18. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

8pm EST or what time zone? I could do it Tuesday night might be a little after 8 tho if it's EST, cause that is 5 PM my time so I gotta grab the game after work and get back here.

19. Drama84

Drama84 Walk On

Anytime after 8pm eastern time

20. RichFire956

RichFire956 Walk On

I agree. That will give everyone enough time to play some scrimmages & tweak any settings that need be. Also it would allow us to start with opening weekend rosters

21. GDip

GDip Walk On

If we waited
    I say we get the thing rolling before the weekend. If we need to wait an extra day or two to advance b/c of the holiday so be it. No need to wait till after the weekend to start it though. With the 4 preseason games, and a 3 day advance thats almost 2 weeks before we get into the regular season. All the more reason to get this thing rolling

22. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

I can't really make an educated comment on when to start, but I will say I think it's important to get the rosters as updated as possible. If guys get antsy before we start, we can have a little mini-tourney or something with 8-12 teams so the scrims have something on the line.

23. RRAHx2

I agree if there will be new rosters on labor day weekend then we should wait for those.. but that would be the only reason I could see to start it after.

24. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

So, this is my very first Madden league. We do play the Pre-Season games?

25. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Anybody??