USC Game Summary - Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Renegade-Ice, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

USC Game Summary - Week 5

[​IMG]

USC Trojans 35 -vs- Univ of California Bears 7
    Live from University of California (Cal) Bears

dominated at home...that best describes the mindset on the field when the Cal Bears played host to the visiting USC Trojans. From the onset of the game, it was plain to see that Cal was playing...but not to win, I guess you could say playing to not get embarrassed by the Trojans...which didn't happen anyway. The Bears OFF was held to a total of 159 yds, while the OFF of the Trojans flourished behind the direction of new Coach Renegade-Ice, and newly appointed QB M. Mustain who completed 9 of 17 passes for 153 yds and 1 TD. The Trojan running game was propelled by HB S. Johnson who carried the ball 22 times for 153 yds and 1 TD. Additionally, Johnson caught 2 passes for 30 yds. Complimenting the running and passing game was WR B. Butler who amassed 55 yds on 2 catches, and finding the endzone for 1 TD. With key losses on DEF coming into this season, the Trojan DEF received USC's internal "Game Ball." Leading the way, was MLB M. Smith with 10 tackles, and followed by SS W. Harris with 3 Tkls and 1 INT he returned for a TD. The Trojans went 7-9 posting a 77 third down percentage, while getting to the redzone and scoring 3 TDs out of 5 visits. The Cal Bears struggled all game against a stout Trojan DEF. QB K. Riley found little, if any, success by finishing with 13 passes out of 20 for 110 yds an no TDs. The Bears game plan was to utilize RB sensation J. Best to open up the passing game...that didn't happen...not even a little bit. HB Best was held to 58 yds on 18 carries with 1 TD. WR V. Tucker contributed with 40 yds on 4 receptions. The Bears standout DEF player was SS M. Ezeff who finished with 10 Tkls. The Bears went 5-11 posting a 45 percent third down conversion rate. They got to the redzone 1 time, where HB Best found success on the ground for their sole TD. Folks...I don't like to say "I told ya so, but hey...this USC team is for real."

USC next game: OPEN

2. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

PLAYER OF THE GAME!

USC Trojans HB Stephon Johnson
    Rushing: 22 carries - 153 yds - 1 TD
    Receiv: 2 receptions - 20 yds

NOTE: Each week I will post the Player of the Game (POG) after the summary.

3. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

nice work.

4. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

No I am foreal your just glamour boys

5. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

USC Game Summary - Week 6

This is a bye-week for the University of Southern California Trojans. This week the Trojans will concentrate on recruiting and drills as practice.

6. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

USC Game Summary - Week 7

[​IMG]

USC Trojans 17 -vs- Notre Dame Fightin' Irish 14
    Live from South Bend, Indiana

This week found the USC Trojans travelling to South Bend, Indiana to take on the Notre Dame Fightin Irish in front of the sell out 80,795 screamin collegiate fans. This was a game that was battled in the air. The ground game for both teams neutalized each other, as the visiting Trojans, featuring Sr. HB sensation Stephon Johnson, gained a total of 67 yards on 24 carries and finding the endzone once for a TD. He also found success in receiving by catching 10 passes for 115 yards before leaving the game with an injury and being replaced by HB McKnight.

[​IMG]

QB A. Corp completed 3 passes out of 9 for 72 yards before being replaced by QB M Mustain, who finished the day with a 120.4 QB rating and completed 18 passes out of 31 for 191 yards and 1 TD. HB S. Johnson was replaced in the game by HB McKnight who was later replaced after an injury. The Fightin Irish were led by their field general QB J. Clausen, who finished the day by completing 24 of 35 passes for 275 yards and 1 TD. WR D. Kamara led all Irish receivers with 7 catches for 100 yards.

Players of the Game:

USC: LB Luther Brown (6 Tkls)
    ND: DE Kapron Lewis-Moore (3 Tkls, 2 TFLs, 3 Sacks)

7. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

wow this one was really close

8. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

USC Game Summary - Week 8 Update

[​IMG]

USC Trojans 40 -vs- Oregon State Beavers 23
    Live from Los Angels, California

At first glance, you don't know if you were watching a football game or a practice! The Trojans came out the tunnel running...and never looked back! With key injuries plaguing the Trojans coming into this game, they were led by Sr. reserve QB Garrett Green who put on an impressive display of passing finishing the day with a 151.4 QB rating while completing 27 of 43 passes for an astonishing 423 yards and 2 TDs.

[​IMG] This game had everything hard hitting action, and questionable calls. [​IMG]

With both USC HBs on the inured report, the task of running the ball was placed on Jr. sensation HB Gable, who finished the game with 29 yards on 6 carries, but finding the endzone twice for TDs. On the receiving end of Green's passes was WR T. Patterson, who finished the day with 11 catches for 160 yards. WR D. Williams got in on some of the action by posting 96 yards on 6 catches and 1 TD.

Players of the Game:
    USC: QB Garrett Green (27-43-423 and 2 TDs; 3 carries)
    Or St: WR C Kjos (3 recptions for 55 yards and 2 TDs)

9. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

heck yea...I was sweating for a little bit...both my HBs hurt...QB Corp out of sync...my OFF turning the ball over in fumbles left & right...it was as if the cpu was determined to make ND win! Whenever I made positive yardage...I'd get penalized!

10. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

USC Game Summary - Week 9 Update

[​IMG]

Oregon Ducks 20 -vs- USC Trojans 6
    Live from Autzen Stadium, Eugene, Oregon

[​IMG][​IMG]Complete jubilation doesn't even begin to describe that of what the Oregon Ducks fans experience at this game, as the Ducks went on to upset the visiting #6 ranked USC Trojans 20-6 in a game that still has sports writers scratching their heads. Coming into the game, USC's offense would have to operate witihout the services of HB Stephon Johnson, who leads the Trojans in rushing yards and out for 3 weeks with broken ribs , HB Joe McKnight who is out for the season with a broken femur, as well as starting WR Williams who was listed as doubtful for this game.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Rushing duties fell on the shoulders of HB CJ Gable. In the onset of the game, it appeared this game would go right down to the last snap. The first quarter of action saw both teams going back-n-forth and resulting in a score of 0-0 going into the 2nd quarter. In the 2nd quarter, USC struck first with a 27 yard FG by K J. Congdun. On the pursuing kickoff with just .12 seconds remaining in the half, Ducks QB D. Thomas found WR D. Embry for a 34 yard completion, setting the Ducks up for a 40 yard FG and tieing the game at 3-3. With the start of the 3rd quarter, relief QB Green threw his first pick of the day resulting in the Ducks CB T. Ward returning it for a TD and making the score 10-3. Still in the third quarter after the pursuing kickoff, USC was penalized for holding driving them back to the 22 yard line. On the next play taking the snap on the 22 yard line, HB CJ Gable coughed the ball up to the Ducks, and the 7 plays later the Ducks HB L. Blount punched it in for a 4 yard run making the score 17-3. In my opinion, this was the turning point of the game as the Trojans were never able to recover from the fumble. In the 4th quarter, the teams traded FG as neither team was successful penetrating the others redzone. In the end, it was the Oregon Ducks who came out on top 20-3 in a well fought game. After replacing QB A. Corp (2-9-0), QB M Mustain finished game with 12 complettions out of 15 attempts for 145 yards and no TDs. The running game finished with 11 carries for 35 yards and no TDs. The 5 Trojan receivers were a little more successful than the tailbacks as they amassed a whopping 112 yards combined for 0 TDs...and 6 drops!

Important Note: Once again, the outcome of a USC game is dependent on a costly fumble. This is getting annoying as I'm depressing both the R1 and R2 buttons. This is starting to interfere with my game plan, as I'm weary about running the ball now in fear of fumbling...any help here would be greatly appreciated. In addition, Im selecting "Protect the Ball" prior to running any run play...I'm still fumbling...what the heck??? Anyway

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

WOW just WOW

12. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

See what you did! you opened up the pac-10 race!

13. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

Good job guys. Thanks, advancing in a bit

14. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

yea, my team is under a tremendous amount of pressure NOW! My 2 starting running backs are out, my starting WR doubtful with my starting QB A Corp out, his relief QB M Mustain is injured but can play (i'm scared to play him because the way my guys are going down...he will surely get injured and I'm not trying to lose him any this season or next). I've been going with my 3rd string QB who has held up pretty good so far...as long as he can release the ball FAST...and I mean fast...his time in the pocket is virtually nonexistent! I would stay and chat more, but I have a practice to conduct with the Trojans and this stalled offense. Oh damn now what?...I see the team doctor sprinting to the practice field!...gotta run!

15. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

USC Game Summary - Week 10 Update

[​IMG]USC Trojans 38 -vs- Arizona State Sun Devils 24
    Live from Frank Kush Field, Tempe, Arizona

With the USC Trojans anxious to redeem themselves after the 20-6 loss to Oregon last week, the Trojans had a determined-looking game face throughout this contest. The Trojans entered todays game with a lot of questions...could they successfully run the ball with both starters out...could the passing game be successful with the starting QB A. Corp sidelined...but the biggest question...have they resolved all their fumble issues? The Trojans wasted no time in answering these questions, as Coach Renegade-Ice, adopted a run-by-committee approach to perserve the remaining running back in his arsenal. Therefore, the Trojans called on reserve HB A Branford, who punched in his first TD of the season by scoring on a 1 yard run straight up the Sun Devils defensive line. The Trojan defense was eager to help out a battered and worn Trojan offense and came up big time after time. In the 1st qtr by applying pressing from the weakside LB, the DEF was successful in getting a INT by Sr CB Shareece (Ree) Wright Harris. This led to a Trojan 2nd TD of the game when QB M. Mustain found TE R. Ellison in the endzone for a 32 yard strike in the 2nd qtr with 2:31 remaining in the half. Opening up the 3rd qtr saw the Trojans receiving the ball, and resulted in a 65 yard TD toss across the middle from QB M. Mustain to WR D. Williams, making the score 21-10...with the Trojans trying to run down the clock and make the game a possession game, they successfully went for the 2 pt conversion and got it, making the score 22-10. After a botched Trojan coverage, the Sun Devils QB D. Sullivan found streaking WR K Taylor for a 50 yard Sun Devil TD. The Trojans matched this TD and marched the ball down the field where QB M. Mustain found WR Ron Johnson in the endzone for the TD and putting USC out in front 28-17. With USC again successfully going to 2 points, the score was then 30-17 (a 2 possession game) with alot of time still remaining in the 3rd qtr. After holding the Trojans to 3-and-out, the Sun Devils were successful in driving the ball the length of the field and scoring on a 25 yard pass from QB D. Sullivan to WR D. McGaiha and making the score 30-24. Again, the Trojans were held to 3-in-and-out, and punted the ball...putting the game in the hands of its DEF. The Trojan defense came up big with a sack, and to put the game out of reach...an INT by Sr. SS W. Harris and returned for TD making the score 38-24 (a 2 possession game) with .42 secs left in the game. The Sun Devils were unsuccessful in advancing the ball down the field and ran out of time. The final score in this contest was 38-24...USC Trojans.

QB Comparison
    USC: QB M. Mustain: 14 compl - 23 attempts - 324 yards - 3 TDs - 2 INT
    AZ: QB D. Sullivan: 23 compl - 25 attempts - 279 yards - 3 TDs - 1 INT [ensured game for USC]

HB Comparison
    USC: HB Allen Bradford: 13 carries - 45 yards - 1 TD/HB CJ Gable: 13 carries - 25 yards - 0 TDs
    AZ: HB Dmitri Nance: 15 carries - 31 yards - 0 TDs

WR Comparison
    USC: WR Trevon (Tre) Patterson - 7 receptions - 101 yards - 0 TDs/TE Rhett Ellison - 4 receptions - 108 yards - 1 TD
    AZ: WR

DEF Standouts
    USC: CB TJ Bryant: 8 Tkls; SS Will Harris: 8 Tkls - 3 TFLs - 2 Sacks - 1 INT - 1 TD
    AZ: OLB Mike Nixon: 10 Tkls

Players of the Game

16. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

USC Game Summary - Week 11 Update

[​IMG]

USC Trojans 38 - Sanford Cardinals 10
    Live from the USC Coliseum in Los Angles, California

After last week's disappointment with NCAA officials to reverse their ruling in the case of USC -vs- ARIZ ST unjustly win. The Trojans took out much needed frustration on the Sanford Cardinals, beating them 38-10 in Los Angeles. In what appears to be the Trojan's first year not getting to a bowl game in quite some time, the Trojan's QB Garrett Green put up impressive numbers, 19 compl -32 attempts -262 yards - 3 TDs, in hopes of catching the attention of BCS Bowl committee. Teaming up to crush any Cardinal hope of a win in this game, WR Damien Williams, back healthy after missing some games, stepped up and had 7 receptions for 89 yards and 2 TDs. While his counterpart, WR Ron Johnson stepped in with 6 catches for 112 yards and 0 TDs. Adding support on the ground was HB CJ Gable, who stepped in and found daylight in the sum of 226 yards on 48 carries with 2 TDS. So with this win the Trojans are now 6-4. Their hopes lie in the form of a Oregon loss, preferably a conference loss to rekindle any fire within their eyes for this season!