USC / Notre Dame Preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

USC / Notre Dame Preview

Some are calling this the game of the year. The # 1 and defending national champion USC Trojans roll into South Bend to take on the resurgent Fighting Irish of Notre Dame.

USC enters this game with the number 1 scoring offense in the nation and a solid defense to boot. Here are some of the keys to the game:

USC's keys to victory:

1. Throw the ball early and often. Aaron Corp is completing 77 % of his passes and has 16 TDs. Notre Dame has a good secondary, but is better against the run than the pass.

2. Pressure Dayne Crist. The Irish quarterback has more INTs than TDs this year.

Notre Dame's keys to victory:

1. Establish Cierre Wood early to set up the play action. USC's defense is too good to win with the run alone, so the Irish will have to make something happen off of play action.

2. Dayne Crist must avoid making mistakes. A pick or two could be the recipe for a blowout.

Line: USC by 10

Feel free to post predictions. I just hope I can hang with sdid.

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

[​IMG]

Open up the questions for the coaches!

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

If ND can control the clock, not turn the ball over and force a turnover or two, look for them to pull the upset. Sdid, is so damn effecient against users with that USC squad. Very scary, I say if he doesn't get beat this week, he will win another National Championship.

USC 38
    ND 17

4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Sdid controlled the clock with Mark Tyler on the ground. Kid went for 30 carries and a buck 80. Notre Dame had a chance down 24-10 to push it to 24-17 in the 2nd half. After forcing Aaron Corp's 2nd INT of the day and returning it inside the USC 20, Cierre Wood fumbled on the next play. USC drove it, scored a FG, and crushed any momentum the Irish had.

gg sdid

5. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Dang looks like USC is definitly the team to beat.

How did ND do offensively?

6. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

That was quick. Didn't even get to make a prediction. It sounds as though you put up a good fight, Mr2Bits. USC continues rolling. Could we have a potential repeat?!

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

sshhhh with the repeat talk. Man 2bits you played a hell of a game. I swear whenever you got a big TO we managed to get the ball back on the next play. ND will be scary good in years to come. That TD Wood had for your first score was sick, split two guys and took it about 12 yards for 6.

8. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

That was really the story of the game. Notre Dame forced enough turnovers and played well enough on defense, but the Irish could not capitalize offensively. Good luck on the quest sdid. I'm looking forward to the return trip to L.A.