USC smokes Colorado 56-28

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by WreckEm27, Apr 25, 2012.

1. WreckEm27

WreckEm27 Classless Clown

Jan 17, 2012

The Air Raid was quite balanced today as the #17 Trojans ended up with nearly as many yards on the ground than through the air. The passing game did seem much improved as QB John Bennett threw for 288 yards and 4 TDs. Seven receivers caught passes and their seemed to be more rhythm between the QB and WR corp.

The story of the day was the ground game though, do it all back Justin Peoples had 223 yards on the ground on 18 carries, with a 78 yard scamper and another run over 20 yards. The Buffalo defense had a difficult time keeping up with the run game of USC, even while keeping the passing game comparatively in check.

The USC defense was the same pretty much as last week, keeping large amounts of pressure while not really having to bring that many. That's mostly playing Northwestern and Colorado in consecutive weeks. MLB James Carter led the team in tackles with 10, and 3 for loss. Ends Anthony Stephens and Greg Montgomery both had 2 sacks, and the team recorded 7 sacks in all on the day.

Without Justin Peoples, the last two games look very different. Lets hope he doesn't get hurt.

Next up: Arizona

Sidenote: I like these sliders. Even though Colorado wasn't very good, they really did put up a fight.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Feb 10, 2009

Yeah they work pretty decent, up to a point.
  3. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Apr 14, 2012
    Indiana gave me hell until after the first quarter, then until I benched my defensive starters I just rolled over them.