use of clutch

Discussion in 'Tradition Racing' started by mitchedout, Dec 10, 2009.

1. mitchedout

mitchedout Walk On

using the clutch

Guys,

When you are using the clutch are you supposed to let off the gas for ultimate speed between shifts?? I have no clue. It is faster though

Thanks

Mitch

PS. If you already use manual this is a easy switch making the a button the clutch. One thumb does it all

2. Ca$ino

Ca$ino You're Killing Me Smalls

i never tried but i would guess its just like if you are driving a real manual tranny. if you hit the clutch while still on the accel, the engine will rev up

3. mitchedout

mitchedout Walk On

yea as of right now I think it is faster to keep the gas floored between shifts. The rev bounce is annoying

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I would think that would do damage to the tranny or engine. I will try it later. Bottom line my racing lines suck so I imagine it won't help me much.

5. mitchedout

mitchedout Walk On

Jason,

Just tried it out doesn't do any damage bouncing the red line. However if you don't press them at the same time the clutch has issues. Should have moved to this along time ago. WOW

LOL

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

hehehehe... The purpose of the rev limiter is to limit damage. When my grandpa drove my Subaru I was glad for that thing... I think he thought my Subaru was an Indy car. Yeah it doesn't go to 15,000 RPM gramps sorry.

I still can't really do the clutch thing. You think you're hurting your engine now, I can't wait for this... (y) Maybe I just need bigger thumbs. (n)