User Pass Defense Help

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by bawvu97, Apr 6, 2012.

1. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Is there any way in madden just to practice pass defense (i.e. swatting, user catching)? I just want to work on one thing at a time. When i press "Y" my defender just briefly throws up his hands then puts him down like he is dainty or something and saying "Fabulous"

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

There's a drill where you're the WR or corner and try to get open / cover the guy.

If you just want jump balls, you could probably go into practice mode, set the offense to 4 verts or hail mary and then practice that way.

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

great idea KillerNuts, bawvu97 this is a great way to practice your user skills on defense im actually going to do it myself lol

4. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

The best and quickest way is to get a partner and start an online game. Both you just throw deep on each other and work on user catching on offense and defense. After a couple of hours of this you should have it down pat.

*Disclaimer* Learning these skills may lower your review rating 2-3 pts *Disclaimer*

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    So do you hold "Y" or just tap it? Me is confused why my defender just throws up his hands and thats it

6. Ghost

i usually hold Y lol me and my friends have a saying that if you don't hold the Y button they will drop it lol but the truth is it doesn't really matter. You can tap Y or hold Y and they will do the same motion

7. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Really it is all about timing, you can not hold Y that long or your defender will jump for the ball too early. In madden 11, you can hold the Y button all you want and your CB will make the play themselves, not this year, timing is the key. It doesnt have to be right when the ball gets there, it is a yard or so before. That is when you either tap or hold the button, but for me, tappng seems the best. So do NOT hold on the Y too long, you will get burned.

If you had a second controller, go to practice mode, set the ball back on the 40 yard line on the other side. You control defense, the other controls offense. Snap the ball with on the offense end and just throw to a deep receiver. Then just practice swatting/picking deep balls, this will get your timing right.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  8. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

I think I'm going to try this as well, truth be told I forget about the swat button.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You must have started with a 15, because you lost at least 5 just based on personality.

• Like Like x 3
  10. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

[​IMG]

11. Ghost

LMAO :D