User QB's

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by edge7771, Jan 25, 2013.

1. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Based on the user drop topic we've seemed to raise the user accuracy which I don't think is a good idea. Here are the completion stats and acc rating of the user QB's. We all are pretty close in % and acc with the exception of both MSU QB's and CU's QB. As you can see we have one QB at 62.9% completion mark with a 79acc and another at 48.9% with 86acc. I'm against raising it because it will make passing and CPU games easier. The CPU is strong and I like that because it makes all games enjoyable not just the User ones. If I had to guess I would say the kind of passes thrown and routes run are a big factor in all of this to. Thoughts?

Wisc Jackson 71.9% 93acc
    ASU Davis 67.7% 95acc
    UMD Montana 67% 92acc
    PSU White 63.1% 93acc
    UNC Robinson 62.9% 79acc
    UW Miller 62.2% 94acc
    MSU Newberry 55% 93acc
    MSU Callahan 54.4% 91acc
    Cal Ware 51.4% 83acc
    CU Jackson 53.4% 95acc
    GT Avery 48.9% 86acc

• Like Like x 1
  2. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I would agree with your assessment on raising QB accuracy. The gameplay is already skewed towards the passing game, since linemen and fullbacks spend most of their time running past defenders or missing blocks with these settings on run plays. If raising the user catching by 5 allows 1 more catch per 2 games, all of those percentages will rise by 2 (estimating 25 ATT per game). If it leads to 1 less drop per game, that will be a 4% rise.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

The only reason raising QB accuracy is a discussion is because Drifterbub suggested that it could tie in with dropped passes. As in, the game is dropping passes to reflect QB accuracy instead of forcing errant throws. HovaTheGodMC said he would only raise catching by 5 to start and if the problems dont resolve we will decide where to go from there. I know you are very much against QB accuracy being bumped but it isn't for the reason you think. It is because it MAY be the reason for dropped passes.

You suggest that the kind of passes thrown and routes are a big factor. I can assure you, I am very good at timing when to pass and not set up my WR for a career ending smack. Hopefully any user that has played me can vouch for my passing skills. I'm not the best, but I am not throwing into coverage, traffic, or bad passes in general. My WRs have hands of bricks this season and the game is not enjoyable. I have a VERY good rated team. If i had abolishthefed 's team i would understand ;) , but Mich State is a powerhouse.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I agree, with all said. Most of my drops are at key points i games 3rd downs touchdowns that guys wit good hands are dropping. Question have you considered raising catching or just Accuracy? either case consider raising user interceptions to combat the tendency of guys being over confident with throws into coverage this could balance out the added slide.

5. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I'm in the camp as well that I don't think QB accuracy needs to be raised b/c then it would really slant towards passing. But correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like your whole premise behind raising sliders is b/c your is highly rated so they shouldn't have dropped passes. To me that isn't a good enough reason for raising sliders. If I'm not mistaken, this is one of the few years we've used the same sliders consecutively. Just b/c your team was highly rated and they haven't played like it doesn't mean we need a slider change. This year my best receiver has 4 drops, last year he had 14. The two years before that he had a combined 13 drops. I think this is a case of your receivers having a bad year. Before we jump to sliders needing to be changed b/c WR's dropping passes why don't we re-evaluate what we the users are doing and then look at the sliders.

6. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Man it seems like you guys throw the rock all over the place. Guys passing like Dan Marino back in the day with the Miami Dolphins. ;) I was looking at some passing attempts and dam it alarming. Hell maybe I am playing the wrong way. Check this out ladies.

PASSING ATTEMPTS

MICHIGAN STATE 435 ATTEMPTS........dam each QB has over 200 ATTEMPTS...HOW? lol
    WASHINGTON 285 ATTEMPTS
    NC 275 ATTEMPTS
    PENN STATE 268 ATTEMPTS

How do you guys find so much time in the game to pass the ball around like that? I check ur rushing attempts and they are close to mine as well. Am I picking my plays and hiking to long? Just curious.

Here's the other end of the spectrum:

COLORADO 176 ATTEMPTS
    WISCONSIN 178 ATTEMPTS
    ARIZONA STATE 192 ATTEMPTS

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think someone needs to post the passing stats for the league. In a table where you can clearly see what is going on statistically across the league.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Don't bother touching the passing sliders would be my assessment. There is obviously downfield coverage glitches that are being milked by all, which is obvious. I know I brought up the dropped passes issues but after playing the CPU last night I found my #2 WR with decent catching statistics dropping his first three receptions. If everyone wonders how such a shitty passing offense (Cal can have one of the best seasons for a user a wideout Cal WR Owens) it's because everyone drops the friggin ball at least 40%, just under half, of the time.

Need better blocking sliders IMO. If no one has noticed, it's nearly impossible to sustain a running game in USER match-ups.

9. droid43

droid43 Walk On

This is exactly why I favor the air raid. Unless the drops are actually tied in with qb accuracy, it shouldn't be touched. I've been averaging roughly 70% completion in the OTP as Oklahoma State. Granted there aren't nearly as many drops by the receivers. No slider adjustment have been made in that league, so I'm not sure which is the problem.

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Well you just touched on exactly why there are less drops in OTP, because there has been no slider adjustments. We made a significant overhaul in our sliders two years ago here making the CPU much more difficult and I believe we are seeing the result of that. I'm fine with losing some games to the CPU, even when they bust out there monster cheese. It creates more variety then all the user teams piling up at the top of the rankings year in and year out.

11. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Absolutely, the CPU is pretty tough here. The two losses I've had so far, I've been destroyed.