User Scouting Report: Dean Evans

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by yankeery25, Feb 22, 2011.

1. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Runs a lot, runs well, runs out of of 2 TE sets often, runs dives and runs off tackle, did not run a single toss play, did not run outside at all. very focused on staying behind his oline. does not protect the ball too well in general, does not hold down 'rb' at the point of contact. this makes a hit stick a surefire way to force a fumble. i had success running overload blitzes on the weakside of his defense and using my quick LBs to burst right through the line on occasion.
    on defense, he did a lot of stuff to keep my option attack between the tackles, did not let me get outside, forced me upfield. I feel that, because I run the option, nothing I write here can be taken seriously. The box was stacked most of the game, which made passing relatively easy when I attempted to do so. To be successful, I had to run inside and I had to take my shots deep. Also, when passing, it helped to step up in the pocket and roll out to extend the play. Despite my quick QB, 'qb contain' was not used at all really. I was able to take advantage of this.
    All in all, this team should be feared. I was lucky to escape with this game, fortunate to force some of the turnovers I did.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

In my game he was passing more then he was running and also ran a few toss plays. Likes to throw to his slot receivers on streaks once they get past the LBs. Plays smart football and did not make a lot of mistakes.