USER Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by CharlestonUSC, Jun 3, 2011.

1. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

We didn't have this thread so I'm putting one up so that we can give summaries on how other users played during the game. This way we'll be forced to change our game plan and strategies from week to week if your opponent already knows what to expect.

Week 6
    User: PNC
    Team: Kentucky

Offense: Beware the vertical routes involving the TE. PNC loves to attack the middle like nobody's business, so I would suggest usering a safety or LB with good Jumping and Agility ratings. If the middle is covered he will move onto the out routes which is usually a good beater against man coverage. Ocassionally hit a comeback route or two but this seemed to be the second or usually third read on the play. Definitely not a major threat in the run game. Shut down the first few runs in the game and he moved on to primarily passing every play and abandoned the run game. Has tremendous pocket presence and doesn't get too rattled from pressure. Was not a scramble threat at all, no screens, options, or power run formations. *Goal line formations did come out when inside the 10 yard line*

Defense: Played almost entirely in man defense with little zone coverages. Did not bring the blitz very often, so he gives you the ability to sit in the pocket and progress through your reads. Used what I believe was a 4-3 defense playbook. Came out in 4-3, nickel, dime and all variations of those formations. Matched up defensive formations with the personnel that you have on the playcall screen. So if you come out in a passing formation he will match it up with a nickel or dime defense.

Overall: Great player, respectful of all SIM rules and was a real pleasure to play. I look forward to playing him next season as well if we manage to get another out before 12 drops. Only tip would be to coordinate before the game about using MICs.

2. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Does anyone have a problem with this? Just wondering what other users feel about this.

3. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Past leagues I've been in had this as a requirement. I didn't see any reason why this would be an issue at all. In real life coaches watch film to prepare for opponents, this is all we have to prepare for offensive and defensive styles. I didn't think to ask Clay about it because I didn't think it would be an issue. If this is out of bounds for some people or Clay doesn't agree I completely understand nixing this thread idea.
    @Cocky Marine How do you feel about this?

4. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I honestly don't have a problem with it. You have good points. I was just putting myself in pnc's shoes. Because it's week 6 and this is the first report. And it's the ONLY report. Therefore pnc is the only "inside info" that's out there for people read. kinda not fair for him. It my opinion it's either start this from beginning of season or wait til a new season and implement it.

5. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I have an iPhone so excuse the grammatical errors. lol

6. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Yep I can see your point. I'll leave this thread up then and let everyone weigh in on it but I'll remove the info on PNC.

7. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Good call man, that's why we have checks and balances baby!

8. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

lol...dude you crack me up. Don't get me wrong though I like your idea.

9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

doesn't matter to me, I want someone to put one up for me LOL, just because I wouldn't know exactly how to play against me.

10. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Yeah I like the idea for the reasons stated in the original post. It will prevent people from getting by using the same plays or offensive strategies all season long. Also, it will prevent you from getting blind sided by unexpected offenses. For instance, I had no idea UCLA ran an option based offense when we played our game this year, so I was completely unprepared.

11. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I've got no problem with it. Sounds like an interesting thread.

12. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I can't wait to see what my scouting report is. I'm going to predict....Unstoppable!!! : )

13. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

i think its a good idea, i look forward to reading my scouting report.

14. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Updating to reflect report of my game with PNC (kentucky)

15. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Alright guys lets post those user scouting reports!

16. pnc

pnc Walk On

Sorry for the delay. I couldnt get connected for a couple days. Man so frustating. Ill try to remember what I can. Its been a while.

OFFENSE : Charleston used the underneath pass quite a bit throwing to wr, te and hb. he also threw over the middle a few times. he has a nice playaction where he rolls to oneside fakes the handoff and throws deep to the other. he could have used this play all game and I never would have stopped it. i have slow and not so smart linebackers. his passing game is hard to stop(he was 26 of 29). he ran the ball about 15/20 times. not anything great, but enough to keep a good balance. he even threw in a couple option runs.

DEFENSE : He seemed to be in man defense for the most part with heavy blitzing with little zone packages. I had little time to throw and no running lanes. Of course, this was partly due to my awful offensive line.

OVERALL : Great player who followed all sim rules and was fun to play. I also look forward to a rematch next year and into 2012. Hopefully the results are different in our next game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

@BigKing

This kind of review, about him complaining, is definitely something that should be handled in a PM between you, Nautica and Clay if necessary. It is not acceptable to post this kind of thing in the public forum. I know it might not seem like a big deal but it is, because as you can see Nautica now wants to leave the league because of the comment.

We don't need drama here and all comments like this do is cause drama. Let's just drop it and move on because we are all doing pretty well this season.

[​IMG]

18. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

19. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Im still away from my computer and couldn't even if I wanted to, delete the post.

20. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

@CharlestonUSC

This will be my last post on the subject. There was nothing to address between the two of us. I truly have no problem with what he was saying during the game. I have an opinion that he was a bit of a complainer, he does not. Oh well. Some people talk trash, I'm good with that too. I think we all need to take a step back and remember this about fun. I'm sorry I hurt Nautica's feelings, maybe one day he'll be able to forgive me. ;)

21. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

It is about fun, but bringing up something like that was petty and unnecessary and has no place on a site that is supposed to be mature.

22. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Thang we still on for tonight about 9ish?

23. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Lol....iPhone correction kills me. Ryanc is what I meant.

24. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

25. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Week 8
    User: clay
    Team: Clemson

Offensively: Has a great QB/WR tandem (think Manning-Harrison, Montana/Young-Rice) and uses it very well. Will line up receivers in different alignments to create mismatches. Quick hitter, gets the ball out ASAP so if playing as safety/linebacker be aware. Uses the run game as a means of keeping you honest, as I got caught for a few big runs playing zone not expecting run. Unconventional play calling, as he will call pass on 3rd & short in a run heavy formation and vice versa. Mostly passing attack, will spread ball around to open/hot hand receivers. Receivers are very good so pressing or man playing won't work. If playing sole zone, O-line is good enough to provide time to throw. Pressure is a must, disguising zone blitzes, and regular blitzes are must to knock QB out of rhythm.

Defensively: Not much to go on as I didn't have ball on offense long. Will play to personnel on field, so expect quarters if coming with 4/5 wide. Runs multiple D, started out running 4-3, but switched to 3-4 after success running, so if you're a running team expect a lot 3-4. A big key is be patient and take what he gives you. D-line will force pressure, so be ready. Will sell out in certain situations (e.g. 3rd & short, 2nd & long) so misdirection is a friend here.

Overall: Fun game, definitely challenged me. Can say playing clay I had my best and worst game at the same time. Would play again next year.