User v. CPU game scoring

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Feb 16, 2012.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It's been noted several times that the CPU doesn't present us with a challenge and we usually just curb stomp the CPU now. Here are a couple of recent quotes on this from the scoring thread.
    I decided to check out our scoring to see how bad it is. While GoGators clearly made up his numbers, they're still pretty bad. I did the numbers both with and without Washington, but the average only changed by about 2 PPG so I just posted the numbers with Washington.

The average user v. CPU game is a win by the users by a score of 44.3 - 16.9 (could someone please explain to Masler about the .3 and .9?). Keep in mind that these are averages so they're brought down by user losses (rare as they may be). The numbers without Washington were 46.0 - 15.8.

I've vowed this year not to push my slider agenda on everyone this time around (although I've been slipping on this recently) so I'm just posting these numbers for info and leaving them as is.

One thing that shocked me was that the CPU, on average, scores 8.5 points in the 1st half and 8.4 in the 2nd. Based on my experiences with the CPU and given 16.4 ppg, I would've expected the ratio to be on the order of 12.4 in the 1st and 4 in the 2nd. Users are getting 24.4 in the 1st half and 19.9 in the 2nd.

Obviously these numbers are CPU games only and does not include user v. user games.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I see two things here.

Masler 's math teacher has some splaining to do

And maybe we should give the CPU a little boost next season. Nothing crazy, but a little help...maybe in the running game? Improve their blocking or something?

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I don't like that idea... I already feel like they are Godly sometimes in their running game. I feel like we need to make their defense better. That way we aren't just scoring like machines

4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

What about lowering the quarter lengths?

• Like Like x 1
  5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

This new guy likes it very simple

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Easier said than done, IMO. Improving CPU rush defense has different effects on pro vs spread teams. Typically the smallest tweak makes a spread attack pretty tough.

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Of course this doesn't change the difficulty It only brings down BOTH sides' total numbers. The ratio of user to CPU scores would remain the same. I think that 8 minute quarters is the perfect length.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I know. This fucking game sometimes

9. controllerabuser

09>11 ;)

New guy my ass :)

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

New guy to our place :p From the beginning > Mid way through last season.

Get back to your place.

11. controllerabuser

No, I will not carry your shoulder pads. Lol

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Haha. Wanna play next year :D Haha. I'll do my best to show you your place with a Frosh QB, but a hungry defense

13. controllerabuser

Sure, why not?!?!

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

We still on this? I know HOW you got the numbers but I don't see why you don't just round it off seeing as .3 and .9 points (and carries) is impossible. The only area is it legit is in terms of yardage.

And I've only had 4 blow out wins this season (ND, Wash, WSU and OSU). The rest have all been pretty competitive even though I haven't changed a single thing. I would have to bet my numbers are significantly lower if you did just me.

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm all for slider changes, but I don't have the time to tinker with them. If jello1717 or anyone else wants to post a set, I will implement them.

16. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Great work Jello!

I'm kind of amazed there are only 5 User v. CPU shutouts (4 home, 1 away)
    Go Vols! :)..2 of them

Also, of the 60+ point scoring against the CPU...
    It has happened 11 times this season, pretty interesting here:
    • 7 of those games belong to the PAC-12 (4 to ASU)
    • 3 go to JC and Michigan State
    • 1 to UGA
    I believe this shows the strength of each of our conferences/gameplay style more than anything.

17. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

SEC baby!!

18. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

So now we're gonna change sliders.

19. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Why not? Guys routinely put up godly stats or scoring where their 1st team in on the bench at halftime.

Even in the early seasons we still had 85 overall RBs winning the Heisman. I think it's too easy to run the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  20. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

so in your eyes the only players that have the right to be good are over what 90ish?

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

jello1717, you got some splaning to do
    [​IMG]

22. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

score.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  23. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

No, but to put up Barry Sanders numbers you probably should be. Only 14 runners have gone over 2,000 yards in a season. None from the SEC. You've done it twice.

24. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

And never have 11 schools taken 50% of the all the top recruits in the country every year but we do. For someone that said he doesn't care about individual awards or stats my two Heismans and FOTY seem to be a sore spot with you. I guess you don't like the way I play or something?

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'll mess with the sliders in my offliner. I will set them to what we have now and then alter them. My next game is vs #1 Stanford so that may be a challenge on its own but I will post the results