User vs. User Challenges

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gwill, Sep 28, 2009.

1. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

User vs. User Challenges

Saw this in Coast2Coast and was wondering if we could choose to schedule user vs user games. If yes, Oregon State is willing to go on the road and challenge anyone.

2. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

Good idea Gwill, we are doing this in OFFL Mid Majors as well. We can definitly do this, now sometimes you may have an issue in the game allowing certain games but othe than that Im up for this. I wonder if we should put a cap on how many extra out of conference games we can schedule, thoughts?

Anybody interested, post up. I would like to did this with an agreement the involved teams would agree to a home then away series.

Gwill, would you like to bring the Beavers to Longhorn country in the first game then the Longhorns would travel to Oregon in the following season.

3. ThaEra25

Good idea Gwill, we are doing this in OFFL Mid Majors as well. We can definitly do this, now sometimes you may have an issue in the game allowing certain games but othe than that Im up for this. I wonder if we should put a cap on how many extra out of conference games we can schedule, thoughts?

Anybody interested, post up. I would like to did this with an agreement the involved teams would agree to a home then away series.

Gwill, would you like to bring the Beavers to Longhorn country in the first game then the Longhorns would travel to Oregon in the following season.

4. gwill

they say everything is bigger in Texas, so a Beaver win is going to be monumental. i accept.

5. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Activity on the boards! I like it!

I like the option of letting the users set up a home/away series. Question, how many user games do we intend on having each season (not counting conference titles or bowl games which are out of our control)?

6. ThaEra25

There will be 2 user games per conference with 3 users being in each conference. I think we should setup a max of 3 user vs user, out of conference games. This is optional so if guys dont wanna stray from their schedule they do not have to...Other than the fact I will make it mandatory to have at least 3 user games a season...2 coming from conference foes and at least one out of conference...Hope this makes sense.

7. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Gotcha, but conference games are locked so controlling how many conference user games each team has may be out of your control in some instances.

8. gwill

isnt there only 3 in a conference? so i figure unless your playing in the SEC your opponents would be consistent year in/year out. i think in this league the only people who might not play consistenly would be LSU-UT.

9. ThaEra25

Correct, I cant alter the conference schedule at all. There are 3 users per conference, so each user would have 2 user games in Conference. These extra user games will have to be out of conference games...I.E. Oregon St and Texas.

Anybody interested in doing this post in this thread then once both teams agree I will post it up in our new sticky thread so we can keep up with the "contracts". Then when we get to that part of the preseason I will do my best to make them happen as long as the game will allow me too.

10. ThaEra25

Correct, I cant alter the conference schedule at all. There are 3 users per conference, so each user would have 2 user games in Conference. These extra user games will have to be out of conference games...I.E. Oregon St and Texas.

Anybody interested in doing this post in this thread then once both teams agree I will post it up in our new sticky thread so we can keep up with the "contracts". Then when we get to that part of the preseason I will do my best to make them happen as long as the game will allow me too.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State will take on any team, never been one to run from any challenges. If anyone wants to face Buckeyes just let me know.

Also, are we picking up another player to fill hole in Big 10? Just curious, otherwise I need two out of conference opponents. Also, if new user picks Wisconsin I will need a second opponent because OSU/Wisconsin do not play next year (according to my Wisconsin OD).

12. ThaEra25

I think i just lined up a new member for the big 10 so we just have to wait and see what team he wants. Either way we will take care of your schedule.

13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Roll Tide..........all the way to the horseshoe!!

Let's do it!!

14. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

Howdy from Madison, WI. Anyone wanting to travel to the Land of Cheese? We're down to travel as well. See ya soon...

15. ThaEra25

Just for verification:
    Alabama is going to Ohio St in the first game of this new series?
    Once this is verified by both parties I will add this 2 game contract to the Out of Conference UvU thread.

Anybody interested in doing this please post up with both parties accepting the contract and make sure you specify who's home first and then its a done deal, game permitting.

16. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

OU needs a game! How about it Wisconsin? I will travel to Madison in the first year.

17. ThaEra25

OU with the challenge, I guess he's trying to make a run at The Texas Longhorns. Awaiting Wisconsin's accpetance...

18. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

Wisconsin accepts! Camp Randall awaits OU. Anticipation around campus is already setting in; Police forces are already making adjustments for the weekend, and Bars are ordering surplus liquor!

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I agree to a two year commitment to play against Alabama.

20. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

me too at osu in 2010 at bama in 2011

21. ThaEra25

Dakota are you challenging Oklahoma?

22. ThaEra25

Brave, since DeepSeaInc did in fact take Wisconsin you will have an additional spot of an UvU OoC game...Do you have anybody in mind that you would like to challenge?

23. ThaEra25

Brave, would you like to take on the National Champions, The Texas Longhorns, as your other user OOC game? I dont care about who's h/a first.
    They may just depend on how many road games each team will end up with.

24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Actually I think Ohio State and Wisconsin do play. I am in second season of my Wisconsin online dynasty and I play Ohio State in the next game. Somehow I overlooked them on my schedule this year, probably because they weren't human controlled until this week.

25. TotalDoubt

TotalDoubt Guest

I'm the new owner of Washington and we'll take on whoever. Come get your easy wins, fellas.