User vs User Post Game Clinic

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by ChaoticUT, Feb 13, 2011.

?

What do you think of some sort of "After game clinic"?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2011.
  1. Like it

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Dumb idea

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Im confused?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Im not really sure how to word it so here it goes.

Id love to have some way after a user vs user game to discuss the game with the other player. I feel like the more I play, the more I make the same mistakes; get repetitive in playcalling, lining up ect. Id love sorta like an open forum where one could be told how to get better, ie what you do good, what you do bad, pick the other players brain about what they do good and what not... Im not saying give away everything you do, that would be dumb, but help eachother improve is the goal.

Not really sure if that makes much sense but I guess lets take the game I just played with child got example.

What he does well
    • mixes pass/run very well
    • gets impact players involved
    • controls the SS extremely well- something Id love some tips on because he was a beast
    • ran the 2min drill to a T
    Suggestions
    • definitely get the unbalanced-I-formation more involved because you ran that real well
    • really not much more I can think off, he dominated me pretty good all game

Id love to see something like this.. what does everyone think?

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

This is a great idea. I can sticky this thread or you can design one for me to sticky. I think it would benefit us all in scouting as well as improving our skills. Ofcourse we will have to make topics and discussions are.kept unoffensive so that coaches dont get upset with each other.

Great stuff

3. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

My question is would it be more scouting each other or pointers for future user games

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Im sure it could be viewed as both. While some may look at it to scout future opponents others may look to it to improve their skill set.

5. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

@Fight'n Hokie
    @OnIowa
    @thatguy188
    @csboiler05
    @jv9179razorback
    @csboiler05
    @maij17
    @ChildPlease9
    @nrg_qbz-_-
    @ChaoticUT
    @f4cekha0s

6. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

My original thought was for improvement, but I could see how its used as both. Other then looking at some stats and what not, I dont really "scout" opponents, so I wouldnt use it as such.

I just feel like the amount of time I spend playing this game I should be much, much better. So I was thinking... how could I improve, other then just self examination? An outside perspective would help... especially an opponents.

It can be a slippery slope, especially if emotions are high after a game. You wanna help others improve, but you dont want to show all your cards, or tell them what to do... just give thoughts/opinions.

I guess an example could be....

Team A runs the ball 99% of the time.
    Team B could be like... Hey man, maybe throw in a PA or pass every now and then, you seem to be predictable in always running the ball.

Team Z always passes.
    Team X could be like... Great passing game, maybe mix in some draws and screen, would really take your O to the next level.
    then Team X could ask... How do you get such great pass protection? Do you slide your lineman? Leave extra RB or TE in to block?

We could create a general... How to improve thread, but I dont think it would be as relevant as asking an opponent you just played

7. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

simply put, great idea, yall can pick my brain about anything, i dont hold back at all, in fact i nominate myself to be the test bunny

8. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

true and timming is everything, i think that the discussion should be pm'd first so that it can be proofed then posted on the forum AFTER the next advance

9. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

i like it!

10. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

+1, I know i not the greatest at handling my losses, ask the wife, :)

11. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I like the idea, but I too think it's a slippery slope. It has to be the right situation. Some thoughts...

• I think that the loser should be the one to initiate the conversation, looking to improve. Obviously, the loser won't initiate a conversation if he isn't mature enough to do it or hasn't been able to handle the loss.
    • I think that the winner should be allowed not to offer advice back with no penalty. It should be his prerogative if he wants to share.
    • I think that it should be done in private messages. I don't like that it will undoubtedly used for scouting purposes. Guys where ultimately share varying amounts of information, and I could see it going downhill where guys offer false information.
    I think that we're all probably mature enough to do this. Those are just some suggestions that I would take into account if we institute it. Ultimately, the better all the users are, the better the parity in the league; the better the parity in the league, the better the league. Greater parity leads to better competition and would probably make slider adjustments easier as well.

I've been in a situation before when there was one user that was way below the skill of the rest of the users; however, he was a great sport and great for the site. We all joined together to help him improve, answering questions, offering tips, and playing scrimmage games. It worked well in that situation, but it was all done privately.

12. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Notre Dame vs Michigan

I was pretty concerned playing Notre Dame after seeing their highlights and all my fears were realized...this offense is really good. I'm sure my swiss-cheese defense had a small part to do with it, but Notre Dame really put the hurt on my defense. As you know he, he runs a variation of the spread. Great mix of running that really opened up the passing game. On 3rd downs it becomes tough, as I wasn't sure if he's going to be running it or passing it since both elements were clicking...choose your poison. With that being said, it was demoralizing giving up 5-6 ypc constantly to his RB's...and this was just his BACKUP since the starter ws injured lol.

The Notre Dame defense was tough when they needed to be, but I felt like I had my way through the air. Long bombs, short routes, my QB was hitting them all. The turnovers mainly resulted from me forcing throws when my man was obviously covered. He is really good at going after the ball, so press that "cover the ball" button for your life! I can't say much for the run defense, since I had to abandon the running game pretty early, especially when it became clear that time was going to be a vital factor (he still killed me in Time of Possession...something like 18-10). When I did try to run, I wasn't going anywhere (keep in mind, my run offense was already horrible to begin with).

Just like in real life, this Michigan team is all offense, no defense. Hopefully my recruits can make a difference a year or two in. GG OnIowa...it seems like we alternate wins every season, so watch out for us in South Bend next year!