User WR Catching......

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by jkhaalis991, Aug 17, 2010.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

User WR Catching......

I went back & forth if I should even say something cause I don't want to be "that guy", but can we move user WR catching up to 40 instead of 35? Now if its just me, then I'm fine with WR catching staying where its at, but my guys are dropping passes wide open with me with my feet set, throw a short pass for 5-7 yards. I even lob it in there just to give them a better chance to catch it. I dropped 7 passes total this 1st game. It got to the point where I didn't even trust my passing game. Like I said if its just me then leave it don't make any changes. I'll just recruit WRs with better catching abilities.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm not sure what T1 sliders are for user catching but I feel the same way.

I had a game with 11 drops against the CPU this season (I lost the game :( ). I don't mind seeing some drops but 7, 8, 10+ is excessive.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I can't even throw to my backs anymore because the slider is so low.

I complained last season after 50 drops, and last night I had 4 out of 4 screen attempts bounce off the hands of my backs before I gave up running them.

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I agree its pointless to even attempt a pass to a HB.

5. jkhaalis991

I think moving it up to 40 would help.

6. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I thought it was just my halfback, I'm glad I don't have the only HB that can't catch.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    live tuner package must have affected it. I'll look at it when I play my game this week.

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I had my best WR (Bumphis) drop 2 wide open TD's in the first half of my game. He had no one within 10 yards of him and the ball bounce right off his chest.

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I had my best WR Chris Givens (87 OVR) drop a backwards screen pass that was picked up and ran back for a TD. My RB caught a reception that was marginally behind him and ripped off a 30 yard gain.

It's tough guys, you have to look at it from a league-wide perspective. Khaalis threw for 33% comp rate last week. Everyone else was around 55-60%. Even if a third to a half of those drops were completions, you are talking about really high comp rates for very sub par QBs/WR corps.

I cannot justify bumping the WR catching up if we have rates that are that high already. If you have to stop thinking of them as drops and more of a bad throw from the QB (behind him, at his legs, whatever), then please do so. I'm not trying to be an ass, but in the best interest of the league, we will wait for more data before making a move.

You have to consider the fact that we are all good players and all make great reads on passing plays. If drops are the only thing that keep our passing games realistic, then that is a tool we have to deal with.

:/

10. jkhaalis991

Understandable.

11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Works for me, aside from the two drops I posted about my WR play seemed about right. I think I need to work on user catching the wide open ones just to be safe.

12. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im having some drops but not a ton. My passing game is horrible, so Im certainly not the right person to ask.

I will go along with what everyone thinks here.