USF Inches Past Cincinnati in the Final Stanza 28-21

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Blaza, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

In a Big East Battle, #13 USF (9-2) secured a 28-20 victory over #22 Cincinnati (7-3).

The game began with fireworks as Cincinnati speedster QB Justin Goolsby took a reverse option 72 yards to paydirt on the 2nd play of the game. The Bearcats responded with two straight 3rd down stops and capped the Quarter off with a FG to take a 10-0 lead.

USF opened the 2nd quarter with a score on a 16 yard pass to the FB to make it 10-7. Cincy answered with a chip shot from 26 out. With 3 minutes to go, USF orchestrated a nice drive that set them up for about a 20 yard FG with 6 seconds on the clock. USF had a timeout and with the ball was on the hash, USF tried to run a play to center the ball. Cincy played possum, allowing Ray Horne to go untouched---for just long enough for the clock to read zero, then they made the tackle. 13-7 Bearcats at the half.

Coach Blaza and the Bulls tried not to panic, and really tried to start paying more attention to Goolsby in the backfield. With only 74 THA, we knew Goolsby would not be very accurate downfield, so the focus was to contain him with different looks and athletic spies.

The third quarter was uneventful until late when Justin Goolsby made a mistake that buried the Bearcats. Wrapped up on an option run, Goolsby panicked and tried to make the pitch--only his RB was no where to be found and USF recovered. USF QB Willie B. Prince then found TE Marcus Wilson all alone in the endzone for a 27 yard TD pass. 14-13 USF.

The USF defense was no playing on all cylinders and Goolsby could find no room to run the option or scramble. Jake Jones punched in a 4 yard TD, followed by a huge 52 yard TD pass from Prince to Fitzpatrick. 28-13. Cincy answered with one last score with 2 minutes left, but after a long kickoff, USF was able to close out the the game to take a 28-20 victory back to Tampa.

Willie B Prince was the player of the game connecting on 17-21 for 321 yards 3 TDs and 1 INT

GG JC

[​IMG]

First Quarter

07:17 TD Cincinnati Justin Goolsby QB #3 72 yard rush

01:41 FG Cincinnati Dre Archie K #16 42 yard field goal

Second Quarter

07:12 TD USF Jamaal Thomas FB #33 16 yard pass from Willie Prince QB #5

03:12 FG Cincinnati Dre Archie K #16 26 yard field goal

Third Quarter

00:18 TD USF Marcus Wilson TE #84 27 yard pass from Willie Prince QB #5

Fourth Quarter

05:49 TD USF Jake Jones HB #34 4 yard rush

04:09 TD USF Brett Fitzpatrick WR #12 58 yard pass from Willie Prince QB #5

02:20 TD Cincinnati James Snyder WR #81 11 yard pass from Justin Goolsby QB #3

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Blaza's defense is scary good. Best I've played this season.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Let me see this, you got a highlight?

4. Blaza

Unfortunately not bro. Our OD is having problems with the Dynasty Wire at the moment.

It was a reverse counter option outta flex set. I missed one tackle and he was off to the races.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

nice win......usf still has some moxy

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm putting a moratorium on the "would" style of game reporting.

In other words

Helli would then ask the league to stop using the "would" reporting style.

jk man.. as I told you yesterday nice win, Cincinnati is tough...

7. Blaza

Are you a good person?

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The best bro