USF steals one in Pittsburgh, 25-21

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Blaza, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

USF steals one in Pittsburgh, 25-21

The men of South Florida traveled up Interstate-95 to Pittsburgh with one thought on their minds--revenge. The Panthers spoiled USF's season before it started last year on homecoming in a game that was less of a contest than the 28-21 score suggested.

Plain and simple the Bulls got beat up and were hit more times than a freak at a cut party. Not only did Dion Lewis run all over USF, but Pitt's 6'5" Twin Towers Baldwin and Shanahan made circus catches all over USF's proud secondary.

With a goal to hone in on the fundamentals and limit the big plays, USF was able to claw back into this years battle to steal a 25-21 victory in the fourth quarter. Though Dion Lewis broke the century mark with 116, the USF corners were able to keep the Twin Towers relatively quiet making several breakups and coming up with 2 huge interceptions. After a heartbreaking scoop and score by a Pitt DE on USFs first play of the 2ns half, the Bull defense buckled down, shutting out the Panthers for the remainder of the game. JR QB did the rest earning player of the game honors after finishing the day 18-27 for 308 yards a TD and an INT.

GG Ryno

1st Quarter
    5:13 TD PITT: C. Saddler 21 Yard Pass from T. Sunseri
    0:23 TD USF : P. Richardson 64 Yard pass from BJ Daniels.

2nd Quarter
    6:05 TD PITT: D. Lewis, 4 Yard run
    2:13 FG USF : J. Brockhaus, 33 Yard FG
    0:06 FG USF: J. Brockhaus, 27 Yard FG

3rd Quarter
    7:45 TD PITT: B. Murphy, returned fumble 11 yards

4th Quarter
    7:35 TD USF : J. McDougal 4 Yard Run
    0:20 TD USF: J. McDougal 3 Yard Run

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    eh I don't think Pitt is off I-95 though ;)

Pitt's dreaded schedule is biting them in the ass, and it's not like Pitt is getting blown out but it looks like they aren't getting the bounces their way.

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Ryno is going to get fired. Nice win Skankza.

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

lol yeah I-95 doesn't pass within like 300 miles of Pittsburgh (they're at opposite ends of Pennsylvania).

Plus i don't know about shitty football programs in Florida, but Stanford takes the plane :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

nice win though.

what a difference a season makes for Pitt. what happened?