USF stuffs Pitt 31-6

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Blaza, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

First Quarter

Second Quarter

05:54 FG Pittsburgh Sean Lewis K #19 18 yard field goal

05:42 TD USF Maurice Lewis WR #6 97 yard kick return TD

03:38 FG Pittsburgh Sean Lewis K #19 24 yard field goal

00:22 TD USF Raymond Horne HB #25 7 yard rush

Third Quarter

06:53 TD USF Ryan Hubbard FS #2 32 yard fumble

04:20 FG USF Shaun Richard K #18 37 yard field goal

Fourth Quarter

04:12 TD USF Raymond Horne HB #25 12 yard rush

After getting beaten up by OOC foe UCLA in their first user game of the season, #10 USF responded with a 31-6 destruction of Pittsburgh. After not showing up for last year's game in Pittsburgh, Coach Blaza had this game circled on the calendar. Pitt is a new team in 2016, breaking in a new coach, and losing most of their 90+ OVR monsters across the offensive line.

USF Coach Blaza had never faced newly appointed Pitt Coach Nautica, and the first quarter was a feeling out process. The teams would exchange punts and the defenses stood pat. The second quarter saw the game tilt as the speedy smurf, Maurice Lewis responded to a Pitt FG by returning the ensuing kickoff 97 yards for a score. Pitt would add another FG, but USF responded with a 7 yard TD rush from SR RB Raymond Horne.

Pitt would receive the 2nd half kickoff, but things got worse for them as USF FS Ryan Hubbard would cap off the trifecta with a FF, scoop, and 32 yard TD return. The Bulls didn't look back and Horne added one more TD before USF shut it down.

Notes:
    Field position played a big role in this game. 5'9 speedster Maurice Lewis kept gashing the Panthers on punts and kickoffs, finishing with over 200 yards in returns, including a 97 yard KO and 60 yard punt return. Eventually, Pitt would stop kicking to Lewis, but by then the damage had been done. Lewis' acceleration and agility are both off the charts and combined with his 98 SPD make him tough for any defense to contain.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

wow........Carl wins a user game "NEWS AT 11!"

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    What position does Lewis play?

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

05:42 TD USF Maurice Lewis WR #6 97 yard kick return TD

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

That fumble for a re was a result of the game not allowing me to sub him out. I could have called a to but with the game within reach I didn't want to burn a time out. Gg blaza