Using Google Docs-Tables

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Jun 22, 2011.

1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

2. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

You can set up a table within a Google document as well......using a document, inserting a table is less structured than a spreadsheet, so you have more flex'.....positioning takes a little more effort, adjust your page margins out to allow for more room, you can upload images from your computer to post into the table, rather than linking them from Flickr in your forum post....best way to use images is to create a table for the images and paste into the table....so in the example below all 3 of the images are in a 1 cell table...

3. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Gramps! Thanks for the help. For some reason the template you sent to me was the reason it wasn't working. I made a new one and everything worked perfectly thanks to this thread. Well done old man well done

4. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Your table looks good, thanks for making the effort......when sharing a document via Google I am thinking that it could possibly hamper the 2nd user from modifying the document and then publishing it, because the owner still has full control....

5. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

GAME SUMMARIES.....set up a template in Google Docs and save a lot of time. This season I have set up a Google Doc Template for posting game summaries....takes about an hour max., then you have a document, just like the recuriting table that is easy to use, no hassle with formating every time at the forum, just update in Google Docs. My view is that regardless of how much importance we place on game summaries, I want the time I do spend to result in a good outcome, that reflects good content...reflects me and the league....

So here is the link to the "how"of setting up your template. Note that the putting together quality videos, in 5 minutes, will come next.

And here is the game summary;

6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

tugboat....did you create google? WELL I LIKE YAHOO BETTER

7. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

You look like a Yahoo guy...kind of spooky!....

8. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

bump

9. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

this is pretty sweet!

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

you didnt even make yourself win on a fake game?

11. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

bump