**USMNT**

Discussion in 'Tradition Soccer' started by The Richuation, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Halftime 1-0

Attached Files:

2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Attached Files:

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

American outlaws

Attached Files:

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Very nice Rich! I'm very jealous!

5. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

That is so much better than watching Telefutura.

6. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

That was a great cross and finish by US though.

7. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Its funny Jozy has supposed to be the man for so long its hard to believe he's so still so young.

8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Lol thats how i'm watching it. No FSC for me!

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Rich, were you at the game? I wish I would have thought to get tickets sooner than 30 minutes before the game lol. Detroit's only about an hour drive for me.

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Same here, great game. Looks like pretty decent seats, Rich. Much better than my USA v Brazil friendly seats in the New Meadowlands stadium.

11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Yea buddy. I'm from Toledo, so it was about an hour drive, As you can see, there were plenty of seats left... haha. It was fun, took my girlfriend and we hit a bar across the street from Ford Field before the game. Everyone was singing and chanting. But it was cool to see in person. No surprises here, but Bradley, Dempsey, Donovan, and Howard were clearly the best players on the pitch.

12. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Yea, I splurged for row 17 on around the 45 yard line. It was strange to see on the sod and in indoors. My understanding was the sod was poor.

13. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I have a bunch of video on my Thunderbolt, as soon as I can move them to youtube, I will throw it up on here. The American Outlaws were great,

• Like Like x 1
  14. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Yep. Its only a matter of time before the US produces that top tier athlete/player capable of capturing the world's attention. I give it 15 years or less.

15. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I feel like we've had this conversation before, but I can't remember lol. Where at in Toledo? I live about 20 minutes west in Swanton. Sounds like it was a great time for sure. I only caught the last 15 minutes of the game and at that point we looked pretty comfortable with our 2-0 lead and didn't seem to be playing as well as I'm assuming we were earlier in the game.

16. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Sick! Thanks for sharing. I will make sure to snap some photo's from Thursday's games.

17. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Im in Perrysburg... for those that arent familiar, its a bland suburb of a dying midwestern port city. Put it this way, its the type of midwestern town that had police stationed outside of the new Sonic for around a month. Not because it was dangerous, but because there are so many fat bumpkins out here lined up for new fast food, that they need crowd control for a month.

18. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

I missed all those guys last time they we're in Seattle for the gold cup but got to see Davies and Adu score so I was happy. We looked good enough out there to make the final but the Mexico game I think is going to be a tough one for us. I wouldn't say major underdogs but I think El Tri has to be the favorite.

19. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Agreed... but it will be a battle... a few more matches to retune and i think we will be fine.

20. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Yep we are! I wasn't at the game but I am a member of AO.

21. hedache

hedache Walk On

Here are some from last Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  22. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Man, I think we have someone going to every USA Gold Cup match. I can't wait for the quarterfinals. The USA will almost certainly (unless they lose to both Panama and Guadeloupe... which isn't happening) be playing in DC and the area loves its soccer. I'm pretty sure RFK is already sold out.

23. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

That would be an understatement. That field was horrible. The ball took funny bounces, players were tripping over portions that werent put down correctly, and it played incredibly slow. I thought the speed of the pitch really hurt us on a few counters, but we got the result and played pretty well so I won't complain too much.

24. Ant0nTheGreat

Ant0nTheGreat Walk On

The problem for me with that game is that US team once again showed an inability to put a team to the sword. The message sent from them in comparison to the other two favorites was weak considering how Canada offered very little resistance in many parts of the game. I expect the Panama game to be even harder since Panama does not need to win that game. They'll build a big red fence in front of their keeper and I think that is when we'll see if this US team has the players and the know-how to break them down.

25. hedache

hedache Walk On

Since I was on the pitch, let me tell you my impressions. The grass felt very soft and mushy, which would terribly effect player and ball movement. I didn't like it. It would be tiring as well. I felt like the grass was long but it really wasn't. I like firm grounds a lot better. Although soft ground helps ball control but not fast movement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.