UT starting over...

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by BRUCE80, Jan 8, 2010.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

UT starting over...

The class that just left our University was one of the most decortated of all time.

Bryce Brown RB 99 ovr : All time NCAA leader in rush yards and Tds. Heisman winner, three time All American, two time NCAA title holder and three time SEC champion.

Marcus Jolley RT 99 ovr : Four year starter, two time All American, two time NCAA title holder and three time SEC champion.

Rae Sykes LDE 99 ovr : Three year starter and played some as a Freshman. All time NCAA leader in Sacks and TFL. Considering I never control a DE he accumulated all his stats on his own. Three time All American, Two time NCAA BCS title holder and three time SEC champ.

Honarable mention:

David Oku RB
    Lee Darby OLB

We also had a WR a CB, both S's both DT's and a RG who should be noted but I cant remember all the names off the top of my head. They were all senior starters and deserve to be mentioned here.

This was a great class of players that have moved on, add to that Fred Alexander who went pro after his Jr season and we have alot of new fresh faces playing this season.

With the changes come new challenges. Last season we mixed in a ton of young players when we could to get a feel for who could play and who plays above what you would expect from them.

At QB this season enter Ron Treangen a RS Soph who got to play alot last season in mop up duty and actually took over for Fred against Texas in our bowl game and finished up very well. Brian Simpson a RS Jr will also get a look, he has a nice arm but isnt very mobile and tends to be a bit scatter gun with his accuracy at times. He doesnt play up to his numbers.

At RB: Brad Dawson a clone of Brandon Jacobs and James Keys in the Oku mold will split duty until one seperates from the other this season. Right now I am leaning towards Keys as he has rare speed and agility along with a nice set of hands, but Dawson is huge and fast 92 sp.

At WR: Carlson tried to go pro but we were able to convince him to come back for this season which is huge, I would put him up against any other recruited player yet... he is a playmaker and comes through huge in user games. On the other side is Sean George a former #1 WR get for us who has made huge catches in his career. In the slot is McGee or Dingle who has been a slight dissapointment for his young career.

At T: Javon Washington a RS Sr takes over for Jolley at RT and LT Gavin Salas a back up RS Jr takes over.

At G: We have a mix of young players and this is a spot we have recruited well at landing several of the top interior lineman in each class..

At LDE : Former #1 DE prospect (insert name here) takes over for Sykes..

At OLB: #1 OLB true Soph takes over for Darby and Irons takes over on the ROLB spot, both players are big fast and strong and excellent cover and rush LBs.

At CB: We have so many good players here from recruiting well at this spot that starters have yet to be determained. Last year we played everyone as we were never happy with our coverage. One thing I know is Rusty Dorsey will not start this season.

At S: Carrington takes over as a RS Freshman at FS, he is a blend of size and speed with great leaping ability to go along with solid hands, abilty to cover and tackle and he has Ronnie Lott type hitting stats...he is impressive at 86 ovr..

at SS Anderson who sat out last season with a severe injury takes over size and speed and great cover skills bring this Jr into the light as a starter.

Many changes and question marks for this roster. The games and the way players play will determain who starts going forward.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Tennessee, Alabama, Georigia = ALL MADDEN TEAM.

No weaknesses.......don't even try and find one!

but nice write up!!

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

that's funny...cause then you look at the ACC and it's all pee wee football teams...yet I think we lead in National Titles right (y)

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I need to get into the "WE" part........damn:(

ACC 3
    SEC 2

5. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Well...you know the SEC is gonna say it's because they beat up on each other all the time.

6. BRUCE80

It should look like this....

Mo = 2
    Bruce = 2

ACC other then Mo = 1
    SEC other then Bruce = 0

(y)

7. BRUCE80

That is true. I still cant understand how Georgia finished ahead of us. 13-1 SEC champs with a win over Georgia, to 11-2...hmmmm strange.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

What I can't get my name mentioned?!?!

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

News flash: the Top 25 rankings in NCAA 10 aren't done very well. I truly hate that I had to be the one to break it to you, but it's like Santa. Sooner or later you were gonna find out the truth. (sorry if I just broke that news for anybody too...)

10. BRUCE80

No quitter for a season, you dont get mentioned...

11. BRUCE80

I know peeeeenis...no need to get all butthurt.

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Haha just kidding around I will take it any way I can get it. Sooner or later I'm gonna have to beat you again if I want to get any respect around here I know that.

13. BRUCE80

I respect the Bulldogs, we have barely skimmed by the last two, and your team is far better this season then mine is at least on O.

The game this year should be very interesting.