Utah Glitch (again...)

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Jul 17, 2012.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

jello1717 you had this with Utah last year right? For me, Utah is supposed to be a Pipeline next year so it's not one this year even though I have over 35 Utah kids. I'll stick with them but this sucks.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Since this glitch has been in the game for at least 3 years in a row I wouldn't touch a Utah school with a 10 foot pole. I'm not sure if BYU has the same glitched states as Utah, but Utah didn't have Utah or Texas either (although I'm not sure how much TX recruiting you'd be doing with all the users in there).

By the way, it may show that you'll have Utah next year, but assuming it's the same glitch as last year with Utah, you won't, no matter what the green dot on your pipeline screen says. You'll never, ever have Utah (or Texas if it's the same states as the Utes) no matter how many guys you have from the state. This is, of course, very, very easy to verify.

Not to sound like an ass, but I can't believe you didn't test this before deciding to keep them for this OD, especially since you knew all about it from last year.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Eh shit happens. I still have Cali so at least I have one pipeline. Sucks but what can you do now?

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Since we are only in Week 1 I could allow a switch and a FAST restart. This would allow me to fix the damn protected rival issue.

5. jello1717

Switch teams of course. That's what I did. Of course I didn't know better while you should've....

6. jello1717

But we've all already done our recruiting boards (which at least for me took a long time) and we've already had guys signing recruits.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ah that is true, well I can let UofCWildcat switch teams if he wants. If not, this is his only chance. I thought I could change Rivals between seasons.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I wouldn't wanna put that on anyone for my mistake. Let's just keep moving.

9. jello1717

There's :2stars: Kansas (YUCK!), :3stars: TTU in his current division.

We could also probably let him have :4stars: WVU which would only have you and blLL flo in the north for a season and 4 users in the south for a season, but then you could move WVU to the North for year2. Of course I'm sure that'd fubar any schedule balancing that you achieved or season 1.

EDIT:
    Yes, during any offseason you can change protected rivals.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Then he can keep BYU, he has Cali to himself, that's a good compromise....and you said he could possibly pick up Utah Season 2. And I will fix the rivals error between 1 and 2

11. jello1717

I'm not sure what you mean "Cali to himself" unless you just mean that he's closer to it than other schools (I have CA as a pipeline already).

Also I said that he absolutely will NOT have Utah as a pipeline as BYU ever (assuming it's glitched just like it was for my Utes in '12).

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

I have Cali as well but he has a better chance of signing. So yes his proximity gives him a large advantage, just depends on how he chooses to use it.

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah this shit sucks but what can you do? Don't wanna hurt everyone else and I don't like any other teams in the North so just keep going. I'll just have to branch out.

14. jello1717

Then I'd strongly advise you to run a test where you edit the BYU rosters so that they have 4 guys from as many states as possible and then start up a dynasty to see which pipelines stick. Any state that doesn't show up as a pipeline from whence you have 4 guys is bugged and will always be bugged. I don't remember the results of the test I did last year with Utah, but they had more than just Utah and Texas that were bugged.

In the tests I did I got hammered by BYU in recruiting the state of Utah (despite being equal prestige) solely because they had a pipeline bonus and I didn't (which leads me to believe that the CPU BYU isn't bugged).

15. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

There's only 24 prospects in Utah each season I've done so far, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I would even be happy to roll with BYU if you really wanted Georgia Tech because playing with Utah made me miss the Air Raid.

16. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I didn't realize it was multiple states that were affected.

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Nah I love the Air Raid so I'm staying. And to Jello, it's not a huge deal to go test because there's nothing that'll change it.

18. jello1717

But it should change what states you recruit. If I knew I'd never get CO as a pipeline, I wouldn't bother to recruit it (but we all know that I'm more into efficient recruiting that you so maybe you don't care).

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'm gonna go after who I need no matter what state he's from if I have a good chance. But it will affect my pipelines but I'll still go after them.

20. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    A man with a plan.

Looking at DW my scouting likely didn't stick. Once my I-net is back on I'll check it out.