Utah/Stanford

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jolts57, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Wooo interesting way to start the season man!

I'm working tonight from 10pm-7am but I'm completely open after that for a couple days. My sister has been visiting for a few days and she's keeping her daughter in my "man cave" so I probably won't be able to play at night, but if that's all you have available I can move my xbox.

asurob

2. asurob

asurob Walk On

ick. Going to get worked in my first game. I thought I avoided stanford in the scheduling.

Are you east coast or west coast?

3. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

lol worked? I usually play my worst in user games so I'm sure it'll be close :p

east coast btw. Just got off work so if you're good anytime you can text me also 321-280-0873 or we can set-up a time

4. asurob

asurob Walk On

Im in arizona and dont get off of work till 5. Further I have the pleasure of working saturday so getting our game in might be entertaining since you work nights.

5. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Nah I'm not working at all until Sunday, but my 18-month old niece is sleeping in my game room, but I can always move my 360 if you want to set-up a time.

Actually ya know what might be perfect, since you're in Arizona and all, that PST? If so I might be able to sneak into the room and get in a late game(after midnight my time).

• Like Like x 1
  6. asurob

asurob Walk On

That could work. Im trying to sort out how to sneak home from work early today. Ill text you if I am successful.

7. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

hah alright. I'm pretty sure my niece is a deep sleeper so I should be able to sneak in and play my game, but only after my sister is in bed or gone lol

What's your GT btw? I tried adding but said asurob doesnt exist

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  8. asurob

asurob Walk On

I'm home.

asurob42

9. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Hey man sorry I had to jump off. My sister just put the kid down but if you want to play later I can probably sneak in and play, like after midnight EST.

10. asurob

asurob Walk On

Ill be off and on tonite. Right now Im transitioning to family time...usually after 9 my wife has control of the television so we will see how it goes. If not we can try again tomorrow.

11. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

alright. Do you work during the day both tomorrow and Saturday? If not maybe we could set up a time.

12. asurob

asurob Walk On

yes. And sadly I work all day saturday...the team I work for has a scrimmage that I have to film and drive to (they train about two hours away).

13. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Maybe we can schedule a late-night game then?(well late-night for me. If we can't play before 9pm EST then it'll probably have to be after 12-1am EST) unless I can find a monitor to hook my 360 up to. I'll go check that out in a bit.

14. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

asurob
    Feel free to text me if you can play after midnight EST. I should be able to sneak in for a game.

15. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

gg man that one definitely coulda gone either way. We both had a lotttt of dropped INTs lol

16. asurob

asurob Walk On

yeah good job. I am worried. Much of my chosen offense is vertical passing and Wynn doesn't have much of an arm as evidenced by all the over throws and under throws. OPening against a user wasnt a fun thing...needed a game or two to sort out strengths and weaknesses ...blood under the bridge and all that.
    That and I couldnt run 2 inches.

17. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Glad you guys got your games in fellas. Bravo for the effort on both of your parts to get it scheduled. I appreciate it.

18. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Yeah you did seem to favor the long ball. I couldn't believe that one 3rd and long where I had pass commit and backed my secondary off the line and you still beat my corner deep. Guess that was my own fault though for user'ing the safety and failing hard haha. You're one of the few people I've seen take that many deep shots but not go overboard with it.

19. asurob

asurob Walk On

My goal is to take at least 4 a game. I very much believe in vertical passing....to open up the running game underneath. My problem was since Wynn couldn't hit the deep routes you were hardly worried and snuffing out my running game.

20. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Yeahhhh I hate letting people beat me with big plays. I'd much rather force them into a mistake-free 10-15 play drive.

21. asurob

asurob Walk On

lol. Well my normal game is power football. But you have to have a decent O line to do that. While utah's aint bad. You pretty much ran through them to crush my tailback far too many times for me to try to play my usual game with Utah...at least for a season or 2.

22. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

not gonna lie. Once you opened up with a PA pass on first down on I think your second series you pretty consistently did that, then you generally ran on the next play regardless of outcome so I was usually sending all my linebackers on your "run down" :) I don't know how people run from under center in this game though. I have a beast o-line with stanford and still can't seem to do it.

And yeah I had a feeling your normal game is a run game, that's kinda how I am but I've just accepted that I can't run in this year's game lol

23. asurob

asurob Walk On

Damn I was predictable :p. My normal game is running, but lacking an decent offensive line I think opening passing to run is a better strategy. Sadly I was trending...i will have to see to that when I face wisconsin in a week or so.

24. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Yeah I've always in the past opened run to pass but in this game it seems pass to run is usually better. Your passing game was pretty dynamic and you threw in a lot of diff looks so even though I knew you were passing I really had no clue what to key in on.

25. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.