Utah Wins PAC-12 and Rose Bowl

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by MaxATX34, Nov 1, 2011.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Another wild one between these two teams that saw Utah coming away with the W, the hardware, and tickets to Pasadena. It was a hard-fought win and the 10-pt lead isnt indicative of how the game was played. It was a 3 or 4 point game for almost the entirety of the contest with many lead changes and momentum swings.

Junior QB Mookie Cox had an excellent game, going 14/20 266yd 2TD 1INT

Harvey Langi helped the Utes win too with 94yd and 1TD on 19ATT

However, it was the Utah defense that really stole the show (and the ball). As a unit they forced 5 turnovers (4INT) and returned 3 picks to the house.

Utah would go on to beat a tough TCU team in the Rose Bowl where Utah has become a fixture.

This was a great season for the Seniors on this team. They finished with 2 losses, but both of those teams are in the National Championship. The Utes lose a lot of talent, but thanks to some hot-shot recruiting the cupboard isnt exactly bare. Watch for Utah to continue their impressive record under Coach Max.

GG HotRod

All me. Controlled the MLB from the snap. HotRod usually tests me in these situations but Fehoko has been jumpin routes since Jump Street.

(WR) Swept away...

CB hiding in the flats.

I know HR thought he had this one and the animation does look weird... But that is double-coverage! Thats a no-no! I like to think my DB reached over and infront of the WR to snatch the ball away ;)

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Fuck double coverage, if the WR has position it doesn't matter. The safety had nothing to do with the play, I knew what I was doing.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Double coverage allows the CB to make a play on the ball. I think #11 for Stanford just needs to spend less time at the library and more time doing plyometrics to get some "ups"!

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Don't care what you say, I will continue to stand by my opinion that the INT was BS and it should have been a catch.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Alligator Arms. And your dude was coming down while mine hit the top of his jump. Your WR just got out-athleted (in a video game collision detection sort of way).

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That play was cray. He surely had a beat on it but his hands came down too early and it hit his helmet right to a Utah WR