1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

UTEP Pummels Knights!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AndyVanSlyke, Aug 1, 2011.

1. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

In what was supposed to be a highly anticipated matchup of 9-2 teams, the UTEP Miners cruised into Orlando and thrashed UCF by the score of 31-7 on Saturday. UTEP jumped on UCF quickly and never would let up. The Miners took a 28-0 lead into halftime.

The Miners offense in the first half was as crisp as a team can be. They collected touchdowns on their first four drives to the start the game. The passing game was crisp as Carson Meger threw for 168 yards on 9-11 passing with a pair of touchdown tosses. The thunder and lightning duo of Joseph Banyard and Vernon Frazier 152 yards rushing.

The Miners defense got back to work limiting UCF to a single touchdown well after the game was in hand. They pestered UCF's do it all quarterback Jefrey Godfrey all day day long. They picked him twice and also picked off a pass by backup quarterback Blake Bortles.

"Wow! My boys beat the crap out that no good cheater George O'Leary. It felt really nice to drop him a notch. We still have a shot at the C-USA title game. Bonner has got to find a way to beat SMU. Do I think it will happen, hell no. That guy sucks. But maybe he gets lucky. I would love another shot at ECU!"

2. TJM

TJM Walk On

Dangit! I was hoping for an "upset" to see how the C-USA rankings would look. Thanks!

Have with with SMU bonner. I didnt (73 points. or was it 71? I lost count after 45 as usual.)

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

i hate you. nothing has changed.