UTEP Pummels Knights!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AndyVanSlyke, Aug 1, 2011.

1. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

In what was supposed to be a highly anticipated matchup of 9-2 teams, the UTEP Miners cruised into Orlando and thrashed UCF by the score of 31-7 on Saturday. UTEP jumped on UCF quickly and never would let up. The Miners took a 28-0 lead into halftime.

The Miners offense in the first half was as crisp as a team can be. They collected touchdowns on their first four drives to the start the game. The passing game was crisp as Carson Meger threw for 168 yards on 9-11 passing with a pair of touchdown tosses. The thunder and lightning duo of Joseph Banyard and Vernon Frazier 152 yards rushing.

The Miners defense got back to work limiting UCF to a single touchdown well after the game was in hand. They pestered UCF's do it all quarterback Jefrey Godfrey all day day long. They picked him twice and also picked off a pass by backup quarterback Blake Bortles.

"Wow! My boys beat the crap out that no good cheater George O'Leary. It felt really nice to drop him a notch. We still have a shot at the C-USA title game. Bonner has got to find a way to beat SMU. Do I think it will happen, hell no. That guy sucks. But maybe he gets lucky. I would love another shot at ECU!"

2. TJM

TJM Walk On

Dangit! I was hoping for an "upset" to see how the C-USA rankings would look. Thanks!

Have with with SMU bonner. I didnt (73 points. or was it 71? I lost count after 45 as usual.)

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

i hate you. nothing has changed.