UTEP Recruiting and Summaries 2010 season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

UTEP Recruiting and Summaries 2010 season

18 Seniors leaving, 61 man roster

I can go after 18 recruits and can offer the full 25 scholarships

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Star Position Height Weight
    A. Noel 2 T 6' 3" 298lbs
    S. Stephens 3 CB 5'9" 175lbs
    A. Noel 4 HB 5' 10" 203lbs

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 1

Texas A&M 56 UTEP 17

D+ defense, 'nough said.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan survives scare

In a crazy game, UTEP held the Michigan Wolverines to just 7 points in the first half, while Michigan held them to 0. Michigan scored immediately at the half. UTEP answers with a methodical drive rarely seen these days, losing a key receiver along the way. It didn't take long for Michigan to answer back and push ahead by 2 scores, although they did miss an extra point. Michigan forces a 3 and out and once again finds the endzone. UTEP answers right back with one of their own. With victory still possible, onside kick is called, its up, Michigan recovers. Up by 2 scores in the 4th Michigan calls a pass play and scores a touchdown, typical of this school to run up the score. With less than 25 seconds remaining UTEP knows victory is impossible, but strikes with a TD as time expires. Overall a good game, very impressive for a D+ defense. "They proved themselves out there today," said Coach MaslerBoros. "I expect quite a good year in conference play. And we'll see the Wolverines next year, our house."

Box Score:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    UTEP 0 0 7 14 21
    Mich 0 7 13 14 34

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miners still winless

After what was a surprisingly close game, UTEP's defense lets another slip through their fingers, after recording 6 sacks as a team and numerous knock downs. Several times Memphis was in the redzone and couldn't convert on 4th down. This game could have been way worse. Trailing by 7 most the game UTEP's defense looked to stop Memphis so the offense could get out on the field and tie the game up. No such thing happened. Memphis' QB took a 50yd+ run to the house and a DE was easily shrugged off and the corners were nowhere to be found, making it a two score game. The defense played decent and only allowed another TD after that. Unfortunately UTEP's offense was on stall, going 2 for 5 in redzone attempts, one ending in a pick. One of UTEP receivers had 230 yards, yet only 1 TD, makes you wonder doesn't it. Starting QB Trevor Vittatoe had no comment as to why he couldn't relax and play his position, he recorded 6 sacks on the day. Things don't look good as UTEP had a 5 star prospect visiting, in which they were trying to impress. Only good note was when the receivers were open, they managed to get impressive yards, otherwise they played horribly.

Box Score

Mem 14 7 14 7 42
    UTEP 7 7 7 0 21

Notable Players:

T. Vittatoe 11/31, 332 yards, 1 TD

V. Frazier 18 Att, 93 yds, 2 TD

K. Adams 6 Rec, 143 yds

P. Hunter 5 Rec, 230 yds, 1 TD (Whenever he was open, man was he OPEN, yet still got caught everytime, go figure.)

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

The hopeless Miners lose again. There defense cannot tackle at all, letting virtually every player on Notre Dame's team score. Offense wasn't impressive either.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I feel ya on that ND loss. They absolutely shredded my Rams.

I'm pullin' for ya though! The Miners are due!

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miners lose? Not a surprise​

YET ANOTHER loss for the Miners. This time I feel I was bullshitted on a few calls. Receivers constantly dropped passes or the QB overthrew an open receiver by a mile or two. Running game was virtually non existant. How this team managed to put 28 points on the board amazes me. Then the computer converts 3/5 4th downs. Two while way ahead. The one that pissed me off most was I finally made a defense stop and had the potential to make it a game. 4th and 15 for the CPU (CPU up 34-14) and they do a fake punt and convert, total bullshit if you ask me. There is no hope left for the Miners this year as their atrocious team seems to get worse as time goes on, way to go team. Coach feels ashamed to be a part of this league.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Finally!!!​

The UTEP Miners have finally won a game!! Qb Trevor Vittatoe had a career high day with 535 passing yards (Breaking an NCAA record in the process I believe, but I couldn't find the passing yards in one game record). The rushing game had over 100 also. They hung close to Marshall most of the game but managed to squeak in two touchdowns in the remaining 2 minutes of the game. Good job Miners! (You would think with the number one rated passing offense in the nation I would have won a couple before this.)

Box Score

UTEP 14 0 13 14 41
    Marsh 6 10 14 3 33

Notable Players:

T. Vittatoe 32/54, 535 yds, 4 TD

D. Palmer 25 Car, 111 yds, 2 TD

P. Hunter 12 Rec, 233 yds, 2 TD

K. Adams 7 Rec, 189 yds, 2 TD

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miners Defense Rallys Against Rice

After being down by 14, UTEPs defense makes a massive turnaround in by far their best performance all year. The D helped UTEP overcome a 21-0 deficit. Several sacks were made, 2 notable INT's (one for a TD, 1st of the year) and a forced fumble. UTEPs offense wasn't lacking either. For most of the second half they hung right in there with Rice, eventually taking the lead in the 4th thanks to the pick 6. With a minute and half left Rice scored a TD, but thanks to a timeout and an iced kicker, they miss the extra point, leaving the score 35-34. After Rice recovers the onside kick UTEPs defense steps up once again to get another INT to save the day. UTEP squeaks a late FG just for some comfort room. UTEP gains their second win on a most impressive day for their defense. Heck of a day for a D+ rating.

Box Score

Rice 14 7 7 6 34
    UTEP 0 14 7 17 38

Notable Stats

T. Vittatoe 24/40, 260 yds, 2 TD

D. Palmer 24 Car, 173 yds, 2 TD

P. Hunter 9 Rec, 123 yds, 1 TD

K. Adams 8 Rec, 86 yds, 1 TD

M. Garcia 6 Tack, 3 TFL, 3 Sacks

J. Bennett 3 Tack, 2 INT (A Freshman :D)

A. Morrow 1 INT, 1 TD

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

UTEP loses on the road to Tulsa.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

The game starts out dull as both teams go 3 and out, but a beautiful punt traps UAB deep in their own territory. 3 downs later UTEP forces the safety and takes a 2-0 lead. Momentum had no affect as UTEP goes 3 and out, setting up a UAB TD. It doesn't take long for UAB to go up 14-2. A few drives later UAB pick 6s UTEP, making it 21-2. Thing do not look good.

Second half begins 21-2. UTEP finally creates a scoring drive. Score is now 21-9. After 3 quarters of play the score would ahve been 28-12 but a freak gust of wind blew a dead on FG 20 yards shy of the uprights.

Determined to run the score up like CPUs do, UAB drives it down UTEPs throat and makes it 35-9. Which ends up being the final score.

Coach Masler commented "Our run blocking was terrible and the QB threw 5 picks. Our offense was definetely not in sync today. Neither was our defense."

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miner lose to UAB on the road. An early safety in the Miners favor made it look like a promising day. But 5 picks, no run blocks and a bad defense later a 35-9 loss is handed to them. Another tough loss.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miners finish strong​

In an unforeseen change of events, the UTEP Miners pretty much blew out SMU. Holding them to 3 points. UTEP started strong going up 14-0 the first quarter and tacking on 7 in each the 2nd and 3rd. SMU finally kicked a late one in the 3rd. UTEP regained possession in the 4th and ran down the last 6 and a half minutes amazingly with short runs and chew clock on, gaining the Give Him 5 Minutes acheivement in the process. A nice way to end the season. Good luck next year to the Miners.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzjG2dsidjk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzjG2dsidjk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Palmer shows the SMU Defense who is boss around these parts haha.

Stats:

T. Vittatoe 18/34, 215 yds, 2 TD

D. Palmer 39 Car, 217 yds, 2 TD (POTG)

P. Hunter 7 Rec, 82 yds, 1 TD