Utes Get Ugly vs. UGA

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by MaxATX34, Mar 22, 2012.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG][​IMG]
    31-7
    Utah uses a 21-pt second quarter explosion to jump out in front of Georgia and the Utes never looked back.

The game started out well for Utah. They won the toss and deferred, giving UGA the ball first. On their first drive, before getting injured, Georgia's starting QB threw to the outside and was picked off. The corner on that side was blitzing, so it looked like the right read at first but a OLB was on a buzz to the perfect spot. Nash snagged the ball and took it inside the 20.

Wright and company moved the ball well and set themselves up with a scoring opportunity inside the 5. On third down Wright lofted up a ball to Carter, the 6'5 WR, who climbed the ladder and came down with the first score of the day.

Things slowed down for the rest of the 1st and some of the 2nd quarter. UGA scored their only points of the game on an excellent PR for a TD where the returner pulled an end-around and made a nice cut to get free. Rice-Eccles went flat, and the game was seemingly up in the air.

The next possession, after a sack on 1st down, Utah was in hot water and found themselves on their own 8 yard line. Enter (RS)Senior RB Derek Cowan. Cowan found a seam in the defense, and took it 92 yards down the pipe for a TD. After that, the floodgates opened and Maurice Wright lead the charge.

At halftime, Gravityyyy informed me that he had to leave soon and asked me to chew clock. I ran out almost the entire 3rd quarter before kicking a FG and then we took turns killing time.

GG Grav, I think that 92yd TD swung the momentum in my favor and the rest was history. Next time we play will be much different I'm sure. GL rest of the way.

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Couple of decent vids from this one up on the Dynasty Wire. Gravityyyy's PR-TD is worth checking out.