Utes Keep Salt Lake Pure; Ward Off Devils

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by MaxATX34, Jan 19, 2012.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

28-17

Utah had been flying high heading into this matchup. They lead the country and conference in many major statistical categories on both offense and defense, but hadn't really faced a tough opponent up to this point. That changed this weekend when they hosted the Arizona State Sun Devils in a game that many pundits claimed would either expose or legitimize Utah. The Utes wouldnt fold under the pressure though and maintained their high level of play vs. a good team long enough to pull out the W.

The Utah defense was in-sync this game, holding ASU under 200yd total offense. They were lead on defense by Senior MLB Desmond Johnson who was calling the shots on D, and making plays all over the field. Hats off the D-line however, who were able to get pressure even without the aid of a blitz.

ASU did a good job of keeping the Utes offense in check for most of the game, but the Devils gave up a few too many big plays to win. QB Morvin Robbins made a couple of critical errors (2INT), luckily for him the Utah defense played well. He did finish with 3 TD so it wasnt all bad.

(RS)Senior RB William Fox had a decent game, and justified his name being on top of the Heisman list. He would draw first blood on a screen from 15yd out and also tack on a rushing TD in the 4th quarter.
    The 6'0 215lb slasher from Oak Ridge, FL finished with 21ATT 115yd 1TD - 1REC 15yd 1TD

Coach Max and his Utes have a long way to go, but some analysts and college football fans are already jumping on the Utah bandwagon.

GG jfosh

• Like Like x 1
  2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    There's a Utah bandwagon?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I cant hear you... My Pac12 Championship Rings are making too much noise!

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Ha, you do realize the same number of rings right? In fact I may have one more than you.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Its 3-3 according to coach history, Mr. I-picked-a-powerhouse-cali-school :cool: