Utes Leave Beavers Black and Blue

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by MaxATX34, Sep 6, 2011.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]
    38-31

Unfortunately, we have no videos of pics from this game so I added a RL pic to help set the scene.​
    Imagine, if you will, a Reeser Stadium blanketed by snow with flurries still falling...​
    Utah in their all-whites...​

Utah would win the toss and elect to kickoff. It took both schools a few minutes to adjust to the conditions, but the Beavers would score first on a 12yd pass to the FB. The Utes could only answer back with a FG in the 2nd quarter.

Oregon St would score again with 1:58 left in the half making the score 14-3. It looked like another beat-down incoming for the Utes. (RS)Senior QB and WR Jordan Wynn and Devonte Christopher had other plans though. The two Seniors hooked up on a 61yd TD pass with 0:49 left. On the ensuing kickoff, True Freshman FS Erik Riley blasted the Beavers' return man forcing a fumble that would be recovered by Utah. The Utes would score on another TD-strike to Christopher, this one from 26yd out with 0:13 left in the half.

This 14pt swing gave Utah the lead going into halftime, and left the Beavers a bit stunned. Utah would take that momentum and score immediately after fielding the kickoff. Thretton Palamo ripped off a 75yd TD run right up the middle in the opening seconds of the second half. The Utes would never surrender this lead.

Oregon State came close to completing the comeback by tacking on 2 scores late, but it wasnt enough to get past the Utes tonight. Even when the Beavers had Utah backed up on their own 1 it wasnt enough. Senior HB John White comes in a blasts a 73yd run to totally flip the field and erase any hopes of a Beaver victory.

GG Parrot
    Now only Cal stands between Utah and another 10-win season.

Palamo
    18ATT 177yd 3TD

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Did you get the dreaded error resulting from user games? Hate that thing.

Still pissed about that fumble. That to me was the turning point of the game. It also didn't help that my guys are all about giving up the big play.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

yea I got the errort, but dashboarded and did NOT hit reconnect or try again or abandon result... it should be okay.

It was one of those that happen because you sent me the invite and left the game before I started uploading highlights

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

Nice win for the UTES.... a colorado upset puts you in the title game.....stranger things have happened

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

jinxed