Utes plead no contest, Devils dominate 42-10

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jfosh, Sep 3, 2011.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

ASU was able to have their way all game as they matched up against a flat UTAH team. The Devils got it going on the first play of the game with a simple dive that turned into a long touch down run.

Utah would even the game a 7-7 late in the first quarter on a 32 yard interception return by OLB Brian Blechen. It would'nt stay tied for long. Cameron Marshall returned the ensuing kickoff 104 yards for a touchdown. The return was Marshall's second kickoff return for a TD this season.

Following this score Utah appeared to answer the bell quickly with a KO return of their own....but you guessed it holding...bring it back.

From there on out Marshall carried the load for ASU. We also got solid play from our defense.

The Utes were held to 90 yards passing and 45 yards rushing and 2-10 on 3rd down.

Marshall ended the day with 5 Touchdowns 3 rushing 1 receiveing and 1 KO return.

24 rushes 228 yards

QB Brock Osweiler only need to throw the ball 10 times completing 7... WR JJ Holliday was able to get loose for 3 catches for 145 yards and 1 TD.

2 More Marshall runs.

A much needed win for our 2 star program

gg max

• Like Like x 1
  2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

See why I wasn't impressed....:p

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Gg fosh. Wasn't meant to be this time. Nothing worked in this game for Utah. Bad play calling by me and great play calling by fosh. Then I had a case of the drops. You know, jumped routes w dropped interceptions and 3rd down plays where the wr catches the ball, takes three steps, thengets hit and it's an inc. Terrible play on both sides of the ball for us. Next year will have to be different. We gave up on the run way too early and got predictable.

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Hey now... I kind of beatdown fosh last season so were even now. (excuses Inc) Next season I'll have a gameplan and won't start the game late at night before I go out of town!