Utes Stick Stanford With Second Loss: Remain Unbeaten

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by MaxATX34, Feb 27, 2012.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Feb 17, 2009
    The Utes have been flying high and playing at an elite level since their National Championship season, and this Saturday vs. Stanford was no exception. Coach Max jumped out to his customary early-lead vs. Coach HotRod, this time going up 17-0 before the Cardinal could answer with a TD of their own.

Utah would tack on a FG in the dying seconds of the 1st half to take a 20-7 lead into the locker room.

Stanford wouldnt go down without a fight though, and Coach Max expected a run to be made. The Cardinal would score 2 unanswered to take the lead, but Utah would respond less than 1:00 later with another TD of their own. A 2-pt conversion made it an even 7-point Ute lead heading into the 4th quarter.

10 straight 4th-quarter points from the boys in red had Rice-Eccles Stadium rocking, and although Stanford would score a late TD to make it a 10 point game, the Utah Utes would recover the onside and run out the clock.

PotG Honors go to WR Mickey Hadley. The 6'0 200lb burner from Louisiana had a career day vs the vaunted Stanford Secondary. Robbins kind of threw it up for grabs a couple of times, but Hadley was able to use his speed to run under the ball and make a handful of huge plays for his team.

gg HotRod I thought you had the comeback for a while there. You really stone-walled my offense for a good portion of the game.

Morvin Robbins
    12/19 264yd 2TD 0INT

Derek Cowan
    17ATT 102yd 1TD

Mickey Hadley
    5REC 153yd 2TD

Scott Parham
  2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Feb 11, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    GG, I just haven't been strong this season. I played the deep balls terribly. I need to make some adjustments on D because I have been under-performing on that side of the ball in user games for a while now. Also my QB overthrows balls at the worst moments. Can't wait until he's gone.
  3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Feb 17, 2009
    My old QB Mookie Cox was like that. He had decent stats, but he must have had low AWR or something because he would just be wildly inaccurate sometimes. Also, Rice-Eccles is one of the toughest places to play right now... so maybe all 45,000 fans got in his head haha
    • Like Like x 1