UTSA trial dynasty

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 7, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

You guys are absolute losers. The game comes out and you guys are silent! Welp... I'm live and I'm going to enjoy it...

Trial Dynasty: UTSA, AA sliders, Heisman Recruiting...

Preseason Recruiting Board/Scouting:
    -recruiting is so different. this is a good thing. so very different.
    -in preseason, I had 3 recruits interested in me. three. awesome.
    -love that not many have top schools at the beginning. really makes adding people to your board (which you have to do to scout them) much more realistic: you have to add needs cuz you have no idea interest percentages, where to start, who likes you, etc.
    -with heisman recruiting and horrid schools it is gonna be a total crap shoot in the pre-season. thank God I'm in Texas.... I think. lol.
    -preseason scouting and searching might take forever. awesome.
    -definitely feel like those that take the time to meticulously recruit will be rewarded
    -new feature called "championship contender" ranks all the schools projected rankings over next 5 years based on roster, recruiting, current success, etc. pretty neat to look at. alas, I'm dead last in aggregate championship contending. Weave, you're right above me :) lol

First Game vs FCS SE:
    -my qb is badass. drove field with passes and qb runs when play broke down. alas, fumbled on the one yard line into the end zone and FCS SE recovers.
    -love the studio updates and ticker.
    -End of 1: 3-0 good guys
    -Lots of product placement. Dove Care for men. I actually use it. Smells delicious. Recommend.
    -Halftime: 24-3.
    -Final: 38-10. Everyone gets one FCS game. No more.
    -really fun game. catches much better. screens and option better. no jumping LBs huge. sounds great.

• Like Like x 2
  2. vatechhokie01

saving and uploading highlights worked perfectly. get on it boys...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

and look who scored with .01 left in the 4th. You are on watch Hokie.

• Like Like x 5
  4. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I tried to download before I fell asleep last night and I awoke to the file being corrupted LOL now I have to do it all over again! I will be in the Lab soon!!!

5. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Commish whats the Cathedral refund policy??? You hyped me up to get this ea sports pass and the dang thing won't work!!!

6. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

A passing touchdown too!

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

now that he is 1-0..what are the odds that we get invited to join this dynasty file in a few days?

• Like Like x 3
  8. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

We will use this dynasty as our trial dynasty and start the real shabang Tuesday

9. vatechhokie01

Lol. It was a rushing TD and I was on the one forever. Dudes had TOs and. I went for it! Lol

10. vatechhokie01

G morg... That sucks!

11. vatechhokie01

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  12. vatechhokie01

Update: as I have like 5 FCS games (this will be changed), I'm just simming games and doing the scouting/recruiting.

Note: Heisman Recruiting is interesting so far. My current board has 19 guys on it, 1 committed 3-star and 18 other 3-star/4-stars that all have me first :( This is disappointing. But I'm not sure it will last. To be sure I threw the kitchen sink at guys that had no other interest (most don't have a bunch of interest in anyone up front) and as I'm only in week 4, it could be that once others start pursuing these guys I lose tons of ground and was fooled.

However, I'll say it now: if in doing Heisman recruiting UTSA is able to sign 10 3-stars...
    a) I will be disappointed and
    b) we will be playing Heisman gameplay. So buckle up. Cuz we will get waxed.

But no way I'm allowing recruiting and gameplay to both be unrealistically easy. that would be lame.

13. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

it works, and from the videos I saw...more of the same. Broken ass coverage on one td, and everything else was to the slot....

14. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Lots of people are disappointed right now with the release. Hopefully things get fixed quickly. Even with a broken game last year I still had loads of fun though.

We still have Madden ;)

15. vatechhokie01

yea...
    -one was a simple go route on the outside where the corner and safety blitzed... not broken but stupid def play call
    -one receiving TD was a slot go route (2nd wideout ran right past safety covering him)
    -one receiving TD was a slot post (posts weren't easy last year... 2nd wideout ran right past safety again)

all that said: yes, the coverage was terrible by safeties... remembering it was an absolutely horrendous FCS team of course.

concern is passing game will be easy (i was doing absolutely everything with success: curls, outs, drags, go routes, posts, etc)

16. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Cmon guys any more impressions?

17. vatechhokie01

I played the young buck Brettmonty twice, so he is a cheat and I booted him.

We split 1-1. Both games really close (in the loss, my wideout was streaking down the sideline and dropped a laid-out diving catch that would have landed him on either the 1yd line or goal line as time expired.... would have been real close. we had mics and both thought it would have tied it up!). Real good fun. Good kid.

As for the dynasty:
    -UTSA is 5-0 after 1 win over FCS, 3 simmed wins over FCS,
    -and then I beat New Mexico State last night 17-14. Their offense was terrible and it wasn't quite as close as the score notes. I did throw a TE go-route for a streaking wide open TE though! lol (safety play has again been a huge disappointment. this TD was a go-route for TE and the WR did a flag route. The safety committed to the flag route with no help over or under from the very get-go. sad.
    -i am yet to see anything that suggest defenses actually fool you or that pre-snap defenses are any harder to read. this coupled with poor safety play makes it more of the same.
    -my prediction: although there will be interceptions... passing is much easier. all the routes work. as you might have heard, most snaps the defensive cbs are giving a huge cushion.
    -the big pluses: the catch animations are a wonderful addition. no super LBs is obviously nice. the overall db/wr interaction 1 vs 1 is awesome but again, not sure the trade-off isn't too much towards the easy now. screens, bubbles, and such work much nicer and user option pitch is lightning quick and option tackle animations much more natural (although when playing Brett we both didn't experience the same lightning fast pitches... lag?)

in recruiting, I still have only 1 commit (3-star) with 4 soft-verbals (all 3-stars), 1 4-star with me way in the lead and 9 other 3-stars with me in solid lead as well. Dissapointing how easy but again, maybe guys will not hard commit and others will start creeping up on me as I have no more promises, schollies, or bonuses to throw at them. Not sure, but reiteration: If I sign a bunch of these guys we are going Heisman gameplay.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  18. vatechhokie01

19. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Did you happen to get any injuries? And did it work for the following week?

20. vatechhokie01

no big injuries, no

21. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I like that score, 17-14 with another shitty team. hope

• Like Like x 1
  22. vatechhokie01

sigh. just beat Rice 38-7. highlights online. I think you guys know what's coming...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. vatechhokie01

also:
    -signed another 3-star and 2-star "Gem" (+9 over what the original OVR was)
    -still like fourteen 4 and 3-stars all with me way in the lead. others might be creeping up a tad though. also not sure if me being an unrealistic 6-0 matters.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  24. vatechhokie01

also: my qb is running for a bunch but I'm getting sacked like 5 times a game. so hate the sacked yards taking away from your rushing yds.

25. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Heisman/Heisman it is.

• Like Like x 3