UVA Outlasts #10 West Virginia

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sreese, Jul 17, 2012.

1. sreese

sreese Walk On

*First of all guys i need to explain why i had a restart. I was playing when wvu scored late in the 2nd to make the score 14-6 me. When i went to the play select screen my controler was going haywire. I hit the xbox button to turn off the controller but when i hit the button i had turned off the xbox. I m sorry im an idiot. If i have another mishap i will take a sim to be fair to everyone.

It was an offensive battle that Virginia barely pulled out 27-20. The Mountaineers hurry up offense gave the Cavs young defense fits as QB Geno Smith had his way with the Virginia secondary. His line for the game was 21-34 262yards 2 tds. Cavaliers dodged a bullet late in the second qtr as geno Smith went out with a stinger. His back up came in to run the 2 minute offense. Moving the ball inside the UVA 30 yard line only to throw the only pick of the game. After dodging that the bullet UVA went to halftime still in the game but with much work to do. The first half dominated by both offenses, yet only one td was scored with 3 other fgs to fill the score at 10-6 WVU.

The 2nd half started just as the 1st half with Virginia driving down under the leadership of Rb Perry Jones(22 carries 97 yards 2 tds) and QB Micheal Rocco. Rocco who seemed be portraying the great Rocky Balboa, taking hit after hit and some how completing pass after pass to his favorite target All Conference and some believe All American Candidate TE Colton Phillips(8 catches 91 yards). These 3 leaders made play after play as the Cavs went on a 12 play drive polished off by Jones with his first of 2 td runs on the day. This gave UVA its 1st lead of the day 13-10. On West Virginia next drive the young defense of UVA made its only 3 and out stop of the day. Then Rocco was at it again hitting Dominique Terrell for on a great third down throw. Rocco again watched from his back as Terrell raced 51 yards to the 10 point Virginia lead. Just as Cavs fans began to breath easy, the Mountaineers high octane offense struck with a 6 play 60 yard drive to cut the lead back to 3. Unfortunately this drive only took 53 seconds(damn hurry up,lol). With the Joe Gibbs type offense the Cavs were able to grind the ball and clock out to seal the game. Scoring again late to give them the 10 pt win.

Coach Reese had this to say after the game, "Very impressed with Rocco's play. He did a great job getting rid of the ball at the last possible second. Defense needs alot of work but we are young. We just won a game over a top 10 team, better enjoy it now!! Lots of season left."