UW comes back in the second half thanks to 6 interceptions

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

UW comes back in the second half thanks to 6 interceptions

The Huskies caused 6 interceptions because the Cal Bears went away from their strength of running the football.

Cal rode the strong legs of Vereen to a game-opening touchdown and led 7-0.

The Huskies dinked and dunked their way down the field and had to convert a 4th down from the Cal 40-yard line to have a chance at a field goal when they were stopped a few plays later, making it 7-3.

Moments later the Huskies got the first of 6 interceptions on the day, and Nick Montana and the Dawgs turned it into points as he found Jermaine Kearse for a 14-yard touchdown against a cover 2 blitz. 10-7 Huskies.

Vereen struck again, taking a screen pass 61 yards for a score on a dumb play call by Hellisan where we blitzed 8 guys. I was pretty sure he'd be running. 14-10 Cal

Cal then forced a punt on a three and out, and then easily went down the field and scored on a 9-yard screen pass to the wideout to take a 21-10 lead into halftime.

The Huskies had been so focused on Vereen in the first half that the passing had come pretty easy to the Bears other than bad mistakes. No doubt wanting to bury the Huskies, Cal came out throwing in the second half and that led to their demise. They were intercepted 4 times in the second half as the Husky defense found new life after a nice drive to start the third quarter.

After Chris Polk scored on a 12-yard run to start the second half, MLB Kurt Mangum tipped a pass to Vic Aiyewa who picked it off. Jermaine Kearse scored moments later and the Huskies suddenly had a 24-21 lead.

Mangum then had one for himself, unintentionally baiting the QB into an interception as the Huskies were suddenly giong nuts on D. Chris Polk scored moments later to open the lead to 31-21.

the bad decisions continued to come and the Huskies continued to take advantage as they cruised to the 48-21 victory.

GG Fosh. Sorry for talking you off the ledge or whatever I did. lol

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Some of the Tradition 1 bretheren found it both confusing and upsetting that your sir..ran the score up on the Cal bears.

This shows cowardice and no self awareness of those around you.

How do you suppose little Fosher....went to be after that horrible beating and then the piling on at the end for no apparet reason?

Must have been tough for him to swallow all his pride, manliness, testosterone, and his pills in front of his wife and kids as he blew the game and you at the same time.

I found the late FG disturbing and uncalled for sir and I am not the only one who thinks punishment must fit the Mf'ing crime.

You will pay a price UW king of the Huskies....oh yes a heavy price.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Smh at fosh......what the he'll man!

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

moral of the story is put the headphones down against Helli. he'll use Jedi Mind tricks to throw you off your game.

for a while there it looked like Foshy was going to hang around despite the mistakes. but between abandoning the running game and throwing interceptions, Washington was just too much.

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Fosh after his game with Helli...

[​IMG]

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[YOUTUBE]9HJn3woA2V8&feature[/YOUTUBE]

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Man that was a horrible fight. They both fought like some punks.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lol HR. I missed the fight. Guess I didn't miss anything

9. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

lol who the fuck shows up for a street fight in somebody's backyard with gloves on?

guess what? yeah you won but you're still a loser.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I can't tell if you're kidding or serious but I actually agree with you, I didn't have very good clock awareness there, I was just sort of mailing it in and didn't realize how little time was left on the clock... My brain was like: 4th down = FG, didn't really give it much thought. Then when Fosh took a knee and the game was immediately over, I was like.. oh. :eek: Probably should have knelt on that one and taken the extra turnover... Or punted it out of the end zone.

I will say however, that if there's anybody in the league who does tend to run up the score a little bit it's Fosh, if Ramirez is the opponent... lol. If he's got a lead and it's Ramirez he keeps the guns blazing... lmao

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It worked against Blaza too. He had to turn off the mic I guess I just talk my way to victory! Yay me! Hey the first time anybody gives me credit for a win will be the first so let's keep the streak alive!

Bly is immune to the Jedi tricks. [​IMG]

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

BS I have given you plenty of credit for beating me over the years, I would imagine our record against each other is damn near 50-50.

I was kidding, but I wouldnt have kicked it there either, knowing Fosh the way I do he didnt care either way. He prefers play until the whistle style...which is kind of cool.

The match up thing still amazes me about different players playing against each other.

You can own one team and then that team beats a team that gives you fits...love that about this game.

Credit your D and your Jedi abilities for the beatdown of Cal. I have not seen a D backfield cover routes better then yours did down the stretch in that game.

Nice win.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Great Win Hellisan!

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Damn you
    [​IMG]

15. jfosh

jfosh Super

Boy do the people in Berkley hate me. I was winning the game after the first 3 picks. But who can win when you have 6. That doubled my QB for the season.

Unexplainable....after coming to life after being in a comma for the 2nd half, I was able to jump on Justin and enjoy the friendly ribbing popping up on the chat.

It was there that I was reminded why I play in this league and NCAA Football. Its the people!!! Thanks for encourgement (err...disses)!!

No really we have some quick witted people, that make this league what it is.

And with 1 user left on the schedule BLY...I'm coming for you!! It's always nice to circle the wagons and load up for that "season saver" vs. Stanford.

T1 Rules!!!!

16. jfosh

jfosh Super

Almost forgot...GG Helli....I dont care about the FG, and your right if it was Ramirez I might of fake spiked it and went deep!!! LOL

17. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I concur, as much as we give each other a hard time, this is the thing that makes this league extremely fun for me. That and the satisfaction of throwing for 500 yds everytime I play JMS ;).