UW runs away from Cal in 4th, 42-21

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well here is how last week's game against Cal went down. Final score of 42-21 did not illustrate how close this game really was. The game was tied 21-21 as the clock showed 0:00 at the end of the third quarter. On the first play of the fourth quarter, Washington finished off a drive with a 3-yard touchdown run by Demetrius Bronson to go up 28-21

Then we settled in defensively, getting some stops and getting awesome production from 98 OVR Chris Polk which is somewhat rare in of itself as we ran away with the game in the fourth.

The game basically progressed with Washington moving the ball at will and scoring touchdowns through sheer number of first downws and continuity, and Cal keeping pace with big plays. They would throw a pass between defenders, break a tackle, and be gone. Or throw a pass, take advantage of my mistake, and be gone. The Bears scored on passes of 63, 47, and 59 yards in taking advantage of our holes in coverage. Once we got those holes patched up and started making tackles, things changed.

The capper was Chris Polk making a quick move inside, shaking an arm tackle then bursting down the sideline for a 59-yard touchdown run to put the game away with 3:37 remaining.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lol don't like Polk much? He doesn't seem to get much pT under your watch.

Good win though. Now your looking for a Stanford loss right?

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

He goes through long periods of just doing nothing. He is our starter, and plays every game. But if he's not getting anywhere I typically will not keep running him into the line... lol.

Y'know what I don't even know/care what I need, I still have to find a way to beat Stanford myself (we haven't played yet). I'd need to beat Stanford, and have somebody beat UCLA.. lol )to win the conference.

Pretty sure I'm out of the NC picture.