VA Tech 35 - Florida State 31...

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jms493, Apr 11, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

VA Tech 35 - Florida State 31...

Well the ACC championship was held in Tampa and it came down the wire. The first half was back and forth as each team could not figure out each other offensively. Bruce Burton scored 3 first half TDs to carry the team into the locker room at half time 21-17.

3rd quarter
    The Hokies have a golden chance to go up by 2 score but it seemed like the Seminoles figured something out and stopped the hokies. FSU took the ball and scored stealing the lead 24-21. BB and company answered to make it 28-24. Then on a crazy pass play FSU scored on a 55 pass to Newton. 31-28 FSU takes the lead back again!! DAMN!!

4th Quarter
    VTECH is feeling the pressure to score gets to the 42 yard line and gets stopped. Decides to go for it on 4th and 4 the get called for delay of game. They end up punting. FSU has a chance to pretty much end it and on a 3rd and 8 they decide to go with the WR screen (which was working) and the WR ran the wrong way and got tackled. VTECH has life. We put it in the hands of BB of course and when we got close the redzone we called a pass on 1st down and hit the BIG TE Alexander for a 30 yard TD. 35-31 So it comes down to this 2 mins left and FSU needs a TD. Well they move the ball very well down to about the 20 yard line. Harrington hits the FSU QB to cause a fumble on 3rd down. Then 4th and 15 Merih throws a miracle pass to Double Covered WR and completes it to the 5 yard line. 30 secs left and 2 timeouts it is looking good for FSU. VTECH calls a zone coverage play expecting a slant and FSU calls a pass play....noone is open right way then Sims the DT for Vtech gets to the qb causing an errant pass to a Vtech CB....user pick....game over.

VTECH 35
    FSU 31

Great game and very tense....my whole season riding on one game and FSU came to play. I was fortunate to come out with a W. We will thank BB for that.

QB
    Howard 11/17 269 2 TD

Langford 30/39 382 1 TD 2 int

HB
    Burton 32/145 3 TD

Callahan 14/49

WR
    Burton 3 93 1 TD

Newton 6/101 1 TD
    Broussard 6/75
    Harris 6/104

DEF
    Harrington 8 TAK 3 sacks 1 FF

2. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

And for all that work I got the freaking Chick Fil A Bowl!!!

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

caught most of the second half. Great win JMS.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Good game guys. Despite the loss its still a hell of a showing for an under manned FSU squad this year. As for VaTech anybody who doesn't chuck their xbox out the window after that 4th down catch deserves the win in my book.

5. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10