VA Tech @ Miami has to be settling in Extra Innings...

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jms493, Jan 25, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

VA Tech @ Miami has to be settling in Extra Innings...

I am going to have to do this summary all by Memory.

I am behind in my video making....Still have to do Auburn, UNC and now Miami.

It was a very slow start for VA Tech. We tried to run the ball in the 1st half as much as possible but without Bruce Burton to break the 1st tackle we were averaging 2-3 yards a carry. Miami scored first and VTech followed with mostly passing the ball. VTech WR were getting open easily vs the man coverage. They had to be pretty quick passes as we were pressured constantly. Still slow as VTech punted about 3 times in the 1st half. QB Kyle Howard got hurt which ended up being a key play. Jr 3 star QB Edwards stepped in with the score was 21-7 with about 1:30 left in the half. Edwards pulled a Peyton led the team to a score with about 20 secs left in the half.

Half: 21-14 Miami

Miami got the ball at the half and scored on a long drive to spread their lead to 28-14. VTech could not find a effective way to really stop Miami. as team exchanged scores again. 35-21 going to the fourth quarter.

VTech started to get away from the 3-4 defense and started changing there personal on the field. IT seemed to work as guys were not immediately open for Miami and he had to hold the ball 1 sec longer which in some cases ended up in a sacked or a poor throw because the pressure.

Getting late and down by 14 VTech only chance was a to score a TD pretty quickly and either onside kick it or play defense. Edwards and WR Ellis hooked up 12 times for over 150 yards. Miami simply could not cover the guy. VTech scored with over 2 mins left in the game and decided to play defense. 1st play was tackle for loss, 2nd play was a nice pass to TE Keller and the 3rd play was a batted down ball and a punt resulted.

VTech just marched down the field the same was as before converted a 4th and 2 in the redzone and then punched it in HB Heinz....tie game! 35-35

OT
    VTECH got the ball first and scored rather easily using the same format as before. Miami could not stop the passing game...in OT we completed to Adams and Mcdaniel as Ellis was more of a decoy....Heinz punched it in.

42-35
    Miami go the ball and seemed pressured as the feeling of giving up a 14 point was on their mind. Their offense seems out of sync and things went flowing as nicely as the beginning. Key play was the USER knockdown on a open TE Keller....I manually covered him crossing into the endzone and slammed the a button. on 4th down Francis was looking for the quick slant routes but they were covered and he held the ball too long getting hit and throwing a pick to seal the victory for the ever so Lucky Hokies.

Some key notes
    Miami has the case of the dropsies as Miami probably dropped 3-4 easy ints. Why is that?

VTECH HB has 6 Tds and only 33 yards. Seems like every WR for VTECH was stopped at the 2 yard line.

Edwards wins the starting job going 22-27 for 300+ yards. Pure Pocket Passer.

6'6 WR Greg Ellis is becoming a force in the ACC. Everyone will know his name after this season.

Miami definitely should have ran more IMO.

Here is the whole OVERTIME from JTV

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    If I recall, miami's starting WR's have 77 catch or BELOW. Pretty much they have a tough time catching the ball

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Cornerbacks and Safeties...not WRs.

he dropped INTERCEPTIONS!

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

my team blows...what can i say. not like we're getting any better either...still 0 signed recruits. ugh