VA Tech Top Prospect out for 4-6 weeks

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Nov 11, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

VA Tech Top Prospect out for 4-6 weeks

Redshirted Freshman WR Jeff Ellis hurt his back last night on a 32 yard TD pass. After the catch noone celebrated as they saw the Freshman WR motionless in the endzone. Ellis was take off in a stretcher. After xrays came back negative from the hospital the prognosis is he will be out for about 4-6 weeks (Optimistic).

The WR was becoming a HUGE weapon for QB Clayton as he was the #4 WR and was about to move up to #3.

His 6'6' height and speed makes him an easy target for Clayton and we were purposely running 4WR sets to get him on the field.

"The guys catches everything, he is a gifted athlete and we hope to get he back ASAP!" Says TE Star Logan Thomas.

Sophomore Adams will take his place....lets see if this kid has anything.

Back to you Bryan

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Man injuries blow. I've noticed though that the same guys get injured for me every year, so look forward to being disappointed when this guy continues to go down. Need to add medical redshirts to the game.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Maybe need to start looking at the injury rating when recruiting...doh!

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

If it makes you feel any better I lost my starting Impact Rb Jamaal Womble for 12 weeks :(

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

thats just a turrybull name.....change that!

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

And Cole I agree wholeheartedly that injuries matter. Dustin Clancy is a Jr RB on my squad with 97 speed who was touted as UNC's savior under Coach Bly. But he's got a 77 INJ rating and I'm not exaggerating when I say that he has missed plays with niggling (no racist) injuries in every game this season. It's only a matter of time before I lose him for the long haul. For this reason I mostly use him as a #2 RB and on special teams.

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Womble is a beast, takes two or three guys to take him down. I would rather face clancy eventhough he's solid as well.