Vacation/Availability?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bfruchey, Jul 15, 2009.

1. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Vacation/Availability?

I will be gone July 26 - August 1 on vacation. If anyone else is going anywhere or if there will be anytime when you might not be able to play I suggest we post it here so the league knows what's going on.

Also how will something like this be handled?

Also can you put this in a sticky?

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I suggest we allow a week before simming games for vacations and other excused absences like this. I suggest a week because if your gone for 7 days for vacation which is realistic but so long as you play a game before you leave and a game the day after you get back, that will still enable us to advance every 4th day which isn't that bad. We're all here to play together and have fun, not race to see how many seasons we can get done. I understand we want to get through as many as possible, but we all have lives outside of video games too.

If you have to have a NCAA fix everyday, there's plenty of leagues that advance every day on other sites and there's always ranked matches to play too. Just my opinion.

3. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

That would be great. It's the only one I have planned. Any other trips we take are only for like a weekend at most.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I am getting married (or dying) on July 25th. so obviously can't do anything that day. I might be able to play early July 24th, but have to travel that afternoon. I can play the 26th. But then I leave for Jamaicca the 27th-August 3rd. I probably can play late August 3rd when I return. After that I am available most every night and weekends vary. I don't mine simming gimme cpu games or maybe even scheduling my bye week during that time. I hate to hold everyone up. I know at the beginning of every dynasty people want to advance rather quickly.

5. GoGators

Well, I have a ton of stuff going on too. I am taking the CPA exam the last week of July and have final exams, graduation, and moving to ATL the first week of august. Because of the move, my internet may be spotty. So it may be tough for me to play from the 24th to the 5th, but I should hopefully be able to get a game in here and there. Hope we can accommodate this since we have 3 guys with similar time range issues.

6. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

I don't believe we can give a week for vacations and good excuses because of the 12 guys in here, someone will almost always have something going on. This would slow up things tremendously. I personally don't mind having a game simmed if it means moving along so the other 11 guys can continue playing. You guys should go on vacation, get married, move to another state and anything else you wanna do and for that time period, forget about this football game. We will all be here when you get back. Maybe if it falls just right, like Gator said, you may not have to miss any games. But more than likely, if you are gone for 7-10 days, we will advance at least once.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is. I would gladly take a sim or even two for a week vacation! I wouldn't sweat it if I were you guys. It would be good to let everyone know so we know that you haven't abandoned ship though.

Congratulations Hokie!

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Leaving tomorrow.....please put me on auto-pilot.

9. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

Sorry for the short notice but I will be gone tomorrow through sunday I will be able to play sunday night though so you can sim my next game

thanks

10. GoGators

Just wanted to put this out there ahead of time. I'm graduating Saturday and my family will be in town until Wednesday 8/12. I probably won't be able to get any games in during that time. If we could get an advance say Thursday night or Friday morning that would help me out a lot because I could get my weekly game in before they get here and then play my next one on Wed/Thur.

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'll be gone Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I got my week 12 game played last night. I'll be able to play the regular season finale hopefully Monday. If everyone else is chomping at the bit to advance you can sim that one, I'd like to play it but it's out of conference and really won't affect my bowl status so do what you gotta do.

12. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Out of town Sept 2-8

I'll be away from Wed Sept 2 - Tuesday night Sept 8th.
    Looks like we might be in off season stuff so if so I'll try to set my sim strategy as best I can.