Vacation Thread

Discussion in 'Second to None' started by krtgolfing, Jun 13, 2012.

1. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Just thought it would be a great idea with summer in full force to have an idea to let the commish and others know that one would be on vacation and could advance the week if one is not near a computer for an extended period of time

2. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I will out of town starting on friday June 13 and will not be back until very late sunday.

Then I will be out of town starting June 30 and will not be back until July 3rd at the earliest could be longer though!!

3. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Will be away from Friday 7/13 to Sunday 7/15.

4. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    On vacation now through Monday

5. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I am going to an international solid state chemistry conference (I know, super nerd) the 22nd through 27th that is being held in New London, NH. I should be able to get on at night (after 10pmEST), but may not be able to post much during that time. That potentially puts it right during the time I'll be squaring off against Nebraska. If all the early season user games are knocked out quickly then that will probably be the case.

I'm gonna be pissed if my hotel has no TV or a crappy one. I might have to do a redneck rental and buy one at Walmart and then take it back when I'm done.

• Like Like x 1
  6. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

This isn't exactly vacation but I will be incredibly busy:

August 8-10 I am taking on a new responsibility at my current job. I will be in charge of a program and we will begin the install process on the 8th and finish on the 10th. I will be able to play my games late before bed and do my recruiting, but I probably won't be on the forum much.

August 16 or 17 I will be moving into my new place. The Internet is pretty solid and I'll be able to play just fine, but I'm not sure when I'll have everything unpacked. Still, if I have a game I should be able to squeeze it in sometime on these days.

7. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I will be extremely busy and out of town starting sunday the 5th and will not be back till probably the 12-13th.. Will be watcing the PGA championship in person.. Have tickets for the entire week. I will have my ps3 with me but I am not sure how good the internet will be at the place I am staying!!

8. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I'm going to Oak Ridge for some neutron diffraction work on the 15th. I should be back the next day, so it shouldn't really conflict with anything.

9. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

Well, this isn't a vacation per say, but I'm moving down to Florida and I was going to ride down this weekend but some things came up with trying to get into school and I have to jump on a plane tomorrow night and have my stuff shipped down so there's no telling after tonight when I will have my PS3 again.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

That is crazy, what school?

Pack the PS3 with you in the carry on :)

11. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

Bethune-Cookman

If I can find a way I will take my PS3, but I'm probably just taking a bookbag.

12. chance17

chance17 Walk On

Nice school with a decent campus and good locatiom. If you ship it via USPS you get a good rate, but no insurance or anything. UPS will insure it up to $200 for pretty cheap, but you have to let them package it to get the full coverage.

13. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

Okay, here's an update:

So I'm not taking a carry-on, but I am checking in 2 bags. I'm going to put my PS3 in each and see if it feels like 50 pounds. If it's too heavy, my grandfather is going down south this weekend and is going down to Jacksonville next week to visit my mom so worst-case I'll have to wait until next week for my PS3.

• Like Like x 1
  14. chance17

chance17 Walk On

Better put a bunch of clothes around it. My luggage got demolished on my flight back from Boston.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

So, great news. My PS3 fits in my bookbag with my macbook. Looks like no time off is needed.

16. chance17

chance17 Walk On

That's what I did for my flight. Just make sure you have it where you can get them both out and into the bins quick. The TSA people are all about moving people through the lines.

17. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Road game this week, so I'm leaving soon and wont be back until saturday

18. chance17

chance17 Walk On

You guys playing Temple should be a "feel good" game. If you guys don't win, you might see some of your pals walking bow-legged next week after coach tears 'em a new one.

19. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    We are 10 point dogs, so hopefully we pull the upset ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Ok guys just had the baby. I probably wont be able to play tech but I should be available for the championship game

• Like Like x 5
  21. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Really happy for ya, man! Congrats!

22. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Put him on the sticks! lol

23. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

This isn't a vacation per say, but the next two weeks are going to be crazy because of pre-homecoming and homecoming. I know for a fact next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday or Friday (one of the two) nights will be bad and then the 4th-6th will pretty much be a no go until very late (and in the case of the 5th, not at all).

24. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    KnightNoles

I'm heading to Charlotesville tomorrow morning, wont be back until late saturday night.

25. LTL7360

LTL7360 Play hard for the name on your chest: Texas A&M

ok, im leavin for home within an hour. Wont be back until late sunday night or monday morning. So try to delay the advance until then