Vacation

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JustASample, Aug 23, 2010.

1. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

Vacation

Hey guys i will be out of town for the next couple days and will have no PS3 access.. I'll be leaving weds and won't be back until LATE sun night. My grandma passed away and the funeral will be in Alabama..

I know the ACC championship game will prob be sometime around then. I will not ask you guys to hold up the league for me, If i'm not back by then good luck to everybody but VT!

2. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

get the game in tuesday night!

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

a) we are not simming that crap
    b) we could do it tuesday night but its still an advance away
    c) if BYU, WV and Oregon (new daddy) can get there games in early in the afternoon or evening then id be up for staying up to play sample...but you might have a lot going on. thoughts you 3?

bro, sorry to hear about your grandmother. be safe. and obviously don't worry about this crap.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's possible to move quickly here. I think the only game in week 15 is the Army Navy game, so if we played the small number of games we have quickly, we could advance through to champ games tonight, and save Sample the sim. Let me know if you guys can swing it. The Holy War and the Civil War are bio games, though, so I hate to rush, but if we can get it done, then I think we can close out the regular season in the next couple of days. But of course, this is all unimportant given the context.

5. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I can get my game played tonight. I wanted to post a nice little pregame write-up about how nasty Utah is, but I'll hurry up and kick their ass instead!

Sample, I'm sorry for you and your family's loss. Kicking VTs ass will hopefully make you feel better. :)

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Would anyone mind a straight sim through week 15, if no one has a game, that is? We could set the recruiting assistance to ON, and then give a pass for any guys the CPU signs. We get a list on the dynasty page each week. If the CPU signed a guy you didn't want, we could forgive that signing when it comes to your overall number. I don't think many of us are going to make our numbers anyway. Or, you could just leave it off, like I will, and wait for the off-season.

Just an idea that could save us a few hours of waiting for guys to sign on and recruit in week 15, that is, if we get done with the games. I think only mullen would be left if luchini plays, but there's no telling what kind of time he has. He's probably a zombie by now.

7. vatechhokie01

im fine. signed everyone i need to minus 2 who regardless of next week's recruiting are gonna sign with me.

but again, i agree with not wanting to rush for the sake of rushing. but i do NOT want to sim the acc champ game. that is unforgiveable. im up for whatever.

8. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

AG, I have a really, really weak recruiting class coming in ... so I'm trying my best to net as many additional 3-star players as I can. I'm leading a bunch and neck-and-neck with others. That being the case, I'd prefer to be able to do my own recruiting in WK 15. I hope it goes without saying, though, that I could have it done quickly!

9. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I can get it done quickly or you can sim it, I'm fine either way.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

What if, and this is all depending on whether mullen can play or not, I advance to week 15, post, say, an hour or two window, and then advance again? Guys who want to do manual get a chance to, and the ACC championship (might) still get done tonight.

Still alotta ifs, but it's good to be prepared if the opportunity comes.

11. Goose

Goose Walk On

Or we can just wait until he gets back next Monday. But either way doesn't bother me. Sample sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers go to you and your family. Have a safe trip.

12. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

Thanks guys... Whatever is decided is fine with me.. I can play tonight if we advance that far.

Note: Another option is to not rush and not sim this week until weds, then give 2-3days (thurs, fri, and maybe sat) for recruiting week 15. and then championship week will be poss sat, sun, mon.. I'll be back late sun so i can get the game in late sun night or anytime mon..

13. egofailure

AG, that sounds good. I can work with that.

Sample, as the others have stated, I'm sorry to read about your grandmother. You alright? Take your time and do what you have to do.

And don't be afraid to use the game as a coping mechanism! ;)

14. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

p.s driving 16hrs is gonna suck harder then all your mom's did in their prime

15. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

p.s.s. I just saw that i'm now #5 in the country (jumping pass OSU and their punk ass schedule). Which meas the ACC championship game will be #5 vs #2 and should be a hell of a game. If VT wins they will be in the Championship game if they lose that would prob put Texas in..

Texas get ready to send us those 100 virgins...

VT, "punks jump up to get beat down" so keep your eyes glued to that ground and i'll think about not making you my bitch!

16. vatechhokie01

im gonna punch manuel in the face for not staying in state.

17. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

i gotta take care of bidness before i worry about your game. good luck, sample.

18. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I am done, game played with a baby on my lap...a good offensive game actually, she may be good luck

19. egofailure

Sweet! Are we set to advance to WK 15 now? I'll be home at 4:15 PM today and can complete my recruiting duties in less than 20 minutes.

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think BYU still has to play.

21. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

And Texas needs to recruit. 9/11 by 1pm - that's pretty quick.

22. egofailure

Here's hoping we can hit the Bowl week by tonight. ;)

23. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

i recruited for week 14. when can we recruit for week 15?

24. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

As soon as BYU gets a chance to finish up week 14. I'll advance as soon as I know it's all done.

25. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

what's the window for week 15?