Vanderbildt Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by T2, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Vanderbildt Game Summaries

Find all of Vandy's Game summaries here as the Commodores Try to Sneak in the SEC Championship game.

2. T2

Vandy (3-4) Vs South Carolina (5-2)

Vandy Went down to Cock Country and most people expected the commodores to roll over and get pounded much like they did last week against the georgia bulldogs.. but since last week great change has gone on in Nashville. Vandy hired a new Head Coach who brought in his new staff. Coach T²Express said he was tired of the same ol landscape at vandy.. good school terrible football. But it would appear that T²Express has come to change the face of the school.

In the first quarter both teams traded punts on their first possesions. On SC's second turn with the ball they found paydirt. after Vandy went for the pick instead of making the tackle SC's Saunder dashed in from 46yrds out giving them a 7-0 lead. It looked like Vandy was going to it handed to them.

But prior to the kickoff Coach T²Express gathered the return team and around him and he must have given one hell of a speach because when Terrence Jeffers caught that kick off he was off the races, sprinting 97yrds and breaking the NCAA record for longest kick return. Vandy had shocked the Cocks... When SC got the ball back QB S. Garcia dropped back and fired a pass to his star TB Eric Baker or so he thought. Out of no where came Vandy's ROLB John Stokes who snatched the ball down for the INT.

After the INT Vandy became unstoppable as they ripped the cocks through the air and on the ground. Vandy's QB Larry Smith looked amazing tonight. gong 23 of 35 for 486yrds and an unbelievable 7 TDs. Larry did how ever get one INT after pass protection broke down and he was hit while trying to get the pass off. Vandy Scored 30 unanswered to end the half. In the 3rd quarter Vandy still made it rain down on the cocks who could do nothing on offense. Vandy put up another 28 points to take a commanding 58-7 lead headed into the final quarter.

The fourth quarter continued in Vandy's favor. Vandy put up two more TDs to extend the lead to 72-7. Vandy had scored 72 unanswered points since SC's first lead. With 2 mins left disaster finally struck Vandy when Larry Smith was blind sided by a SC defensive line men causing the ball to pop up into the air where SC was able to pick off the pass and take it to the house. After the INT Vandy put up another 14 points through the air because of the heavy blitzing from SC kept Vandy from running the clock down.

3. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Sounds like Larry Smith just might be our player of the week...nice write-up btw

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Umm. Maybe you should have benched your starters after the 3rd quarter ended and your up 58-7. Then you don't have to worry about your starting QB getting blind sided with 2 minutes left in the game up 72-7.

Welcome aboard though. Great Summary. Vid's are a plus too.

5. T2

Would have benched them but since this was my first game with Vandy i wanted to have my starters play all 4 quarters. i ll turn down the heat now that i have seen what Vandy football is capable of. :D

6. T2

Vandy (4-4) Vs #17 Georgia Tech (6-2)

VANDY FALLS TO #17 GT in OT

In a game all about defense Vandy had it won several times. But just couldnt seal the deal. GT struck first with a Vandy took the lead 7-0 from Larry Smith TD pass to his WR Jeffers. GT would add a pair of field goals to pull within 1 at the half. In the Second half Vandy defense was doing its job. Striking first and taking the 14-6 lead. on the next GT drive Joe Neismith broke lose for 70yrds. GT went for 2 and got stuffed. Vandy gave up another td this time comming off INT from Smith. Vandy again answered the call when J. Hawkins plugged in from 1 yard out. GT would drive the length of the field and turned the ball over with 41 seconds. Vandy trying to run the clock down Fumbled the ball setting up a GT FG with no time left.

In OT Vandy held GT to 3

On the second play from scrimmage Vandy got picked.

End Of Game.

Coach T2Express only had this to after the game. "I'm Pissed"

Vandy returns to SEC play against #5 Florida. In Gainsville.

7. T2

Good game to G-Unit. he played very well. i just hate losing on dumb shit like turnovers.

8. T2

Vandy(5-6)(2-5) Vs #12 Alabama (8-2)(5-1)

Vandy Falls With Smith...

Vandy was shut down in the first qtr and struggled getting settled in such a hostile environment. Star Jackson scored the only TD as Vandy LB Marve lost his footing and missed Jackson allowing him to skate into the endzone. Vandy would answer back just shortly in the 2nd qtr with a J. Hawkins catch from Larry Smith from 12yrds out. Bama would end the 2nd up 3 after hitting a 37yrd FG. 10-7 at the half.

The 3rd quarter started out great for vandy who recovered a fumble on the kickoff and got the ball inside the bama 20. Larry Smith took the option in from 9 yrds out giving 14-10 Vandy. Bama would answer back with star jackson again scampering in from 2 yrds out after another missed tackle. On the next Vandy possession things would take a turn for the worse when Larry Smith went down with a game ending injury. QB Adams came into take Smiths place but was very unproductive until the game was already in the bag for Bama. Vandy gave up 31 points after smith went down.

Bama wins to keep vandy at home during the post season 41-21.

Vandy HC T2Express had this to say..

Its unfortunate to lose like this. Larry is the heart and sole of this team. He makes everyone on this team including my self better everyday. i hate to see him end the year this way. Will will be meeting soon as a team for our Exit Interviews with underclassmen and will be sending off a great senior class.

Vandy Must find it self a ground attack during the off season. being 1 dimensional will not allow us to become an SEC powerhouse that we want to be.

Good luck to Coach Smace as he advances to the SEC title game. hopefully next year things will be different in Nashville.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.