Vandy Sports News

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by plex, Nov 29, 2010.

1. plex

plex Walk On

VSN
    9-0!!
    [​IMG]
    Oct 29 - The number 2 ranked Dores walked into The swamp with a swag never seen before in a Vanderbilt squad. The Gators on the other hand were looking to bounce back after they were caught looking ahead last week as they fell to un-ranked Kentucky.​
    The Gators would strike 1st as Brantley hit receiver Dunkley for a 39 yard TD. Vandy's Larry Smith would lead his team back down the field capping the drive with a 7 yard Td throw in the back of the endzone as he tip-toed in for the score. The second qtr would be a defensive battle before HB W. Norman ripped off a 28 yard scamper to end the half Vandy 17 UF 7. The Dores would cruise to their 1st 9-0 start ever as UF dropped to 7-2.​
    Final Vandy 23 UF 17
    Player of the game​
    Dexter Daniels​
    [​IMG]
    1 tack, 2int, 1FR​

2. plex

plex Walk On

Vandy Start Fall Practice!!

Fans Will Notice a couple of differences come the 2012 Vandy Campaign.

Major Changes(excluding 15 SR grads) include:
    • Offense will be switching to a 1 back system to accommodate The 'Dores skill set.
    • 8 new starters on offense.(SR, QB Jordan Rodgers has only 2 passes in his career.)
    • 6 new starters on defense.(9 if including players playing new positions) [3-4 Base]
    Can He Carry them?​
    [​IMG]
    There is no doubt Vandy's season is on the back of SR. halfback Warren Norman. After the graduation of senior Quarterback Larry Smith and Offensive coordinator taking a job with Colorado. Plex scoured the nation for an Offensive coordinator who specialized in a 1-back feature offense. Norman who rushed for 1000+ the past 2 seasons and is only 284 yards short of the all-time career rushing record says he is ready for the challenge. " I know my coach and teammates have confidence in my abilities, I'm just ready to play."​