VaTech 2011 Scouting Reports (3)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Dec 3, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

VaTech 2011 Scouting Reports (3)

Post playbooks, recruiting board, and scouting reports here.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Playbooks:
    Offense = Oklahoma State
    Defense = 4-2-5

Key Offensive Players:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Name Position 2010 Stats
    Ju Ju Clayton QB 2093 yds 16 TD 11 INT
    Ryan Williams RB 536 yds 6 TD
    Jarrett Boykin WR 45 rec 7 TD
    Logan Thomas TE 48 rec 4 TD
    Blake DeChristopher RT 21 Pancakes

Key Defensive Players:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Name Position 2010 Stats
    Chris Drager LE 50 tkl 8 sks
    Barquell Rivers MLB 85 tkl 1 sk 2 int
    Jake Johnson ROLB 71 tkl 2 sks 2 int
    Cris Hill CB 43 tkl 3 int 1 TD

Scholarships Available: 16 (4 :5stars:)

2011-2012 Recruiting Board
    Needs: DT, T, and SS

Commit List
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Position Ranking Caliber
    1 R. Powers HB 4 :5stars:
    2 C. Ball OLB 1 :5stars:
    3 D. Ball SS 8 :4stars:
    4 T. Sullivan G 18 :4stars:
    5 J. Williams MLB 14 :4stars:
    6 C. Daniel T 31 :3stars:

3. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Hey I like the charts.
    So how do i do?

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Their HB (Williams?) is a bitch! When he runs outside he's got the speed to get to the corner and if he does, he's gone. I was surprised by how well he gashed me up the gut. My DTs are weak, but he had no problems running up the middle.

His backup QB never threw against me and only ran options. His starter didn't run very often, so when he did, he caught me off guard for big (huge) plays.

Defensively, I was able to run up the gut against his 4-2-5.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Defense: Plays a 4-2-5. 2 years ago, it completely shut down my running game. This year, I stuck to running my power back between the tackles and it was very effective. I also had no problems throwing against them as I went for 380 yards and 4 TDs. They have talented players, but my offense was able to pick their defense apart.

Offense: Williams is a scary back when he turns the corner outside due to his speed. I was also very surprised at how well he ran between the tackles as he gashed me constantly. Clayton threw much more often than I expected. He ran so seldomly that when he finally did run, I wasn't expecting it and he made huge plays on options with williams. His backup QB came in a few times and ran every time (as his stats should tell you anyway). Was able to hold Boykin in check by keying on him all game, but Clayton just found other receivers with no problems.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Offense: Pro style. Likes to mix in some option with Ju Ju. He runs the option well, waiting until the last second to pitch. Better make sure you don't get out flanked by his RB or he'll strike up the band on ya. Mixes run/play action pass well and is also cerebral in making quick reads and getting rid of it quick. Horrible kicker so expect him to go for it on 4th downs when in question.

Defense: 4-2-5. Very fast, tons of pressure off the edge. Likes to disguise his coverage. Typically plays with a LB or walked up S/S. For me, since I find the 4-2-5 difficult to play against, I figured the best way to win was to get him out of it immediately (unfortunately we got D/C'd so it didn't matter). I won't reveal how I did this, you can come up with your own creative gameplan.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Offense- Really wasn't much of a runner today...instead he looked to pass.
    1- likes slants and usually throws to Boykin...rarely looks to the right of the formation. (iform, singleback)
    2- Boykin is his #1 WR...throws more to the left side and middle than to right. Rarely threw to the right side of the field. Boykin plays tall so he can sky over your guys to get receptions...remember he's the #1 threat and he'll throw to him long, short...Boykin usually gets after it. Other than him, he mostly looks for his TE the middle of the field.

Usually doesn't run with Clayton, likes to make plays in passing game. Short runs, look either for handoff to FB or the option (singleback is the quickest one) and he usually runs that to get TD's...if you cover the QB, he likes to pitch late (yea you'll have him wrapped up and the ball suddenly flies out) so be careful with that (way to go EA...smh).

Defensively, plays with the FS. 4-2-5 defense and defenses like that (IE 4-4, 46). Bump n run he does about half the time he plays man defense...if he bumps, he's usually blitzing. I didn't sense he was a huge stick guy but you can't let that get you off guard, he can make some plays...was more of a run support type FS than someone to help in pass coverage. He'll come up to the line to but the weakness of the defense is up the gut. Passing wise beating the BnR is tough with his good CB's...he crowds the middle of the field other times with the zone coverage.

GG Hokie, had a tough time stopping Boykin...that mf'er was a handful!

8. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Offensively:
    plays exactly how the post's above me indicate with a lot of Boykin with some Williams screens sprinkled in which killed me for some reason even tho i wasn't blitzing much.

He loves the crossing routes as that was about 80% of his completions were to the middle of the field. His TE got injured on the first drive of the game thank goodness because he pulled in a 3rd and 19 pass in quad coverage over the middle on the play he got injured lol

Defensively:
    Again like the posters above said pretty much ditto he ran a 4-2-5 and blitzed the SS a tonne so i just left in my TE to block a lot and that really slowed down the rush and allowed me to throw well against him and hit the slants all day when they blitzed.

I couldn't run much because he loaded the box a lot with show blitz and played 7 and 8 in the box every time I had a TE on the field so i passed more than usual. He had a few sacks but didn't controll the DL much usually a LB or SS