VaTech 42 - FSU - 49

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kingerock, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

VaTech 42 - FSU - 49

A high scoring high flying game saw both offenses put up huge stats and scores, but in the end turnovers and pressure on the QB was the ultimate deciding factor in this game.

VaTech lost their QB for 6 weeks early on. He was actually a backup playing for the injured starter so they are down to the 3rd string QB. The lack of mobility with the new QB was evident as FSU pinned the ears back and attacked him non-stop and racked up 9 sacks in the game. 3 fumbles and 2 INTs for VaTech and it ended up being more than they could overcome.

FSU did have a 20 point lead at one point, only to watch VaTech rally late and come within a score to tie it. The last play of the game was a completed pass at the 2 yd line, but the FSU defense kept him out of the endzone as the clock expired.

Great game JMS. My fiance is wondering how someone can get so worked up over a game. I about passed out on the floor at the end.

Key play of the game: At the end of the first half FSU has the ball as time expires and we were able to throw up a prayer of a lob into the end zone and all world WR Smith pulls it down at the sideline. I thought there would be a review but there wasn't. That ended up being 7 points that we desperately needed.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah Great Game Kinger...I really like that we play each other more this year. I laughed about the passing out on the floor comment....I couldn't sleep. I kept second guessing and saying.......1 more yard........cmon. I gained 500 yards and I needed 1 MORE!....ARGH!!!

I will definetly make a video summary of the game....probably monday

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hahaha, sounds like a great game.

I know where you guys are coming from, my wife came in to investigate a couple of times when I was playing Ryno the other night, I think she thought I was undergoing an exorcism.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Working on video now.....hopefully work doesnt get into the way!(n)

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Video is made and damn it took the full 10 mins....I had to cut out some nice plays....including the Kick Return for a TD for Florida State that would have been the nail in the coffin earlier. IT was called back on a controversial holding call.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[youtube]_8cRXRWFB3M[/youtube]

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I want to play JMS so I can have one of these handy highlight films.

What is your weirdo turkey thing doing at 2:02?